Chapter 25: Age 28

*A/N: Hey Readers, just wondering if you guys are still with me? I'm debating to delete this story or stop writing it- or if people have stopped reading because of something I wrote or if the story is boring can you at least comment that it is or message me so I can improve it or something? Anyway thank you for reading! Enjoy this chapter it's a shocker! Toodle-doo Kangeroo xx ~MFK/Bec

Chapter 25

Age 28 

I had been sat at a grief counselling meeting with Frankie when my phone had gone off, of course I had turned it off as soon as it rang because I was lucky to be sat at the back for some background support for Frankie and I didn’t want to be chucked out leaving him here. I had suggested he start coming here when he would ring me saying he had night terrors in god knows what hours of the morning when I was sat on the couch most times nursing a bottle of something strong. I wanted to be there for him but I couldn’t constantly be on the phone with him- he had to be independent at some point. He was doing good though, he wasn’t like the other people here who has lost someone- most of them had tragic stories which made me cry when I first heard them, I felt special knowing how everyone was healing and joining in their time of need to get through it- however I also felt like a complete and utter fraud seeing as I couldn’t deal with my own shit and I was telling Frankie to get over his.

I grabbed a cookie and a coffee as Frankie made his rounds speaking to each one of the people there which he had made friends with over time and he gave me a quick glance as I signaled I would wait for him outside before heading to the bathroom. I dug around in my pockets before finding the two little pills that I had become dependent on to make it through the day, I did you usual routine of tossing the cookie is the toilet and downing the cold coffee as quickly as I could before swallowing the pink and yellow pills holding onto the sink as I felt the dizzy rush I’d been getting for a while now. But this one was different. This throb in my head and ache in my legs came with a pull in my chest like something bad was about to happen and I felt fear burn in my veins.

I met Frankie out the front of the school where the meetings were held feeling sick and faint, we had taken out usual walk from work to here trying to ‘keep healthy physically to maintain healthy mentally’ as Frank puts it but I put it as bullshit.

“Gee you okay?” he asks as I feel tears burn in my eyes.

“I’m fine. Let’s just go.” I grumble as Frank crosses his arms as I try to walk but stumble; luckily he catches me and sighs.

“Come on Gee, let’s get some sugar or something in your bloodstream.” He says as I notice him leading us to the diner. The one I hadn’t been in for so long trying to avoid showing the tell-tale signs of my drug use to Mandy.

She must’ve seen us crossing the street as she opens the door looking frantic and waving her arms so much it made my eyes lose focus.

“Gerard Arthur Way! Why on earth haven’t you answered your phone? I’ve been calling you, the hospital has been calling you and even Ray tried!” she screeches at me and I flinch at her scolding remarks as Frank sets me in a booth.

“We’ve been to my grieve group, can you get some water or something Patrick!?” he shouts before holding my head to stop it from bobbing.

“What’s wrong with him? Gerard I swear now is not the time to be playing games. Snap out of it.” Mandy snaps putting her hands on her hips and looking at me like a nagging mother.

“He’s come over all funny… why what’s happened?” Frank says taking a glass of something from Patrick and raising it to my lips where I gulp down as much of it as I can, not even taking in a taste I just feel the liquid fulfill my thirst and my head to feel a little better.

“Lyn-z and Ivy have been in an accident. We’ve been trying to get a hold of you for the past hour.” Mandy says and suddenly I’m shocked out of my state.

“What?” my voice cracks and I begin to tremble and shake like an earthquake had hit me and it’s just beginning. I stand on wobbly legs gripping Mandy’s hand. “Where are they? Which hospital? I need to go.” My heart is beating so fast I feel like it’s going to rip through my ribcage and splutter the blood out on the checkered floor for Patrick to clean up later.

“St. John’s, Gerard sit down or something please you are worrying us.” Mandy insists trying to get me to sit but I shake my head insistently.

“NO!” I roar out getting everyone still and I try to gain my breath. “You tell me she’s here, my daughter is here and no one told me! I want to see her right now! Take me! I need to see my baby girl!” I become frantic crying and shaking not knowing who to turn to.

“Gee she was on her way here, she wanted to come see you, a truck ran through a stop sign… I’m so sorry Gee.” Mandy says patting my hair down running her fingers through the soft shoulder length blonde strands.

“Just take me there.” I breathe.

“Hey Gee, I guess you didn’t pick up because of the different number, it’s us.” Lyn-z’s voice fills the silence in the car through my phone’s speaker. “Hi daddy!” my heart clenches and a small sob escapes my lips clutching the phone in my hands. “Yeah, we are coming to see you as your baby girl misses you.” Lyn-z speaks but I want to scowl at her and tell her to shut it so I can hear my little girl. “I missed you this much daddy, oh wait you can’t see me but I have my fingers pinched together, because my love wraps around the world and joins in the middle. I can’t wait to see you daddy! Mummy said you were sad so we had to go away for a while- don’t be sad daddy because you once said that no one should be sad because there is always someone out there who loves you, I love you daddy.” Her little voice keeps yapping away and the tears are running down my cheeks and a sorrowful smile is on my face, I beg for them to be okay, I pray my heart and soul to whoever out there is listening. There’s a second between Ivy’s words and then a burst of car horns and the small scream before metal and metal collide crunching and the smashing off glass before the phone call is cut off by a long continuous beep.

“Gee we are here.” Frankie says resting his hand on top of mine and I take a big breath before I open the car door and Mandy walks me into the hospital doors.

“Lyndsey Ballato and Ivy Way.” I rush out in my frantic state feeling my eyes explore around the entrance.

“I’m sorry sir what is your relation?” the receptionist asks, she’s timid and you can tell she lacks confidence in her job in fear she would be said to have done wrong- I knew the type, I was one.

“He’s Ivy’s father.” Mandy snaps and the girl immediately startles.

“They are in the operating ward just follow the red arrows and a doctor will meet you there. I wish you the best Gerard.” She smiles and nods I give her a confused look before Mandy pulls me down the sterile corridor.

“Gerard I want you to know that whatever happens when we get there we are here for you, it’s going to be okay.” Even Frank’s words were lost as I took my target of the doors to the operating theater.

“Mr Way, Sherry from reception said you were on your way, I’m Dr Ripley.” A balding man steps out from behind a desk once I step foot into the waiting room of the surgery ward.

“I don’t care, I’m sorry just please tell me how my daughter and her mother is?” I beg of him trying not to fall to my knees at his feet.

“I’m sorry Mr Way, maybe you should take a seat; there has been some complications…” I don’t hear the rest of it as my eyes blur before rolling into the back of my head as my mind shuts down. No… no… please…