Chapter 34: Age 30 (Filler Chap)

*! Make sure you've read Chapter 34: Age 15 as I rearranged the story to fit the ending !*

(This is a filler Chap originaly the Epilogue but I changed it as I'm going to end it differently with a surpize twist that some of you may not get your head around- next chapter to be uploaded will be the last in the book so thank you all for reading I hope you come back for the Sequel)- MFK x

Chapter 34

Age 30

I held the little bundle that enveloped my daughter close to my chest, her breath moved her cream blanket up and down as her eyes fluttered open wide awake to the bright light of the diner around her. She wiggles trying to break free of her bounds but I chuckle and shift her to my shoulder for a moment whilst she moves, at 10 weeks old it felt like she already had a personality and I knew already she was going to be artistic or maybe a dancer; she constantly wiggled and moved like a bug on its back. She never cried a lot at night anymore, she was like her mother and once you put her under the stars she soon fell asleep or lay awake like me with a cheeky little smile on her face. She’d give a smile that made her chubby cheeks puff out and her little rosy lips to thin and raise little dimples. Her little mop of thin dark hair curled under her little purple hat and her blue eyes would shine over making them sparkle.

“Hey honey.” I hear from behind me and I look out the booth to see my wife glowing as she comes through the door and sits in next to me in the booth. Upon seeing her mother the baby in my arms begins to bounce as if she knows she’s really there now. “Oh baby girl, what a perfect hello, mommy missed you.” She coos as she brings her face in to give her a kiss on her chubby cheek and tickle her with her black sparky nails.

“As much as I love Nix he’s just spit up all over me.” My daughter says as she slides into the booth and sets the small bundle down into a carrier on the table then begins to wipe off her band shirt with an appalled look on her face.

“He’ll sleep now he’s seen his daddy.” Aurora says as I put Lola down in her carrier, Nix’s eyes settle on me after he sees his sister and he gives me a little hiccup that we think are laughs at his age, I give him a kiss on the forehead and then my two daughters, Ivy now 11 years old cowers away as I try but secretly smiles when I succeed, she’s grown up in the last 2 years and now spends her time fawning over her baby siblings than over her dad.

My wife slips her hand into mine as we watch our children, Ivy wraps Nix up in her old blankie that the twins take turns sharing and tugs on Lola’s little hat that reminds me too much of a smurf shape to take serious.

“We did good didn’t we.” I say as she rests her head on my shoulder; she nods and I angle my head to kiss her beautiful lips.

Here I am with a beautiful wife, a son and two daughters. I am a father, a son-in-law and the Tattoo Guy from the Purple Pumpkin; and I couldn’t be happier.

Mandy comes over giving little waves to her grandchildren and lets Ivy take the lead with our order; cheesy fries and slices of apple and cinnamon roll pie with coffee and caramel milkshakes.

“So dad you were telling us about your last assignment of creative writing.” Ivy says as she tucks into our order.

“Oh that’s right. After I got my F on the paper about me I had to do another on my future; do you know what I did?” I ask seeing something light up in her eyes.

“No what did you do?”

“I closed my eyes, counted to 10 and imagined… and do you know what I saw?” I question around my milkshake.

“What did you see?” Ivy asks looking content and deeply intrigued.

 I look at my family, I close my eyes for a second, I listen to my heart beat and when I open them I show a small satisfied smile.

“I saw this moment right here.”