Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(continued from Chapter 4 +5 - last chapter of 'Age 23')

The sound of someone clearing their throat broke us up and made me turn in panic of being punched in the face by some homophobe but relived when I saw it was Mandy beaming at us cheekily and Ivy climbed on my lap with a small ice cream covered in skittles.

“Mandy I thought we agreed on no more than a few sweets you know how I am with what she eats.” I sighed frowning at Mandy who stood there looking smug at Frank and I.

“I know Gee but she was asking for more fries and I think she’s had enough for everyone.” She patted Ivy’s light brown hair and walked back to her counter still looking over every now and then.

“Where’s mine then Princess V?” I asked tickling her sides making her squirm and giggle.

“Yours is right there.” She smeared her ice cream coated spoon on my cheek with a giggle and a cheeky smirk mastered now down to a T.

Frank lent in and licked it off at once the rough surface of his tongue tickling my cold skin. “Yum.” He giggled and grabbed a spoon to tuck in with her.

“Eating ice cream and fries all day long aint gonna get you nowhere.” I mumbled against Ivy’s neck as I peered over her shoulder at the multicoloured ice cream in front of her as she ate and wrapped my arms around her holding her little body tight to mine.

“Your dad’s right Ivy; fries and ice cream are like heroin and vodka in kid world.” Frank smirked and shoved a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth; I leant over Ivy and attached my lips to Franks tasting the sweet creaminess left in his mouth.

“Daddy and Frankie sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G first comes love next comes marriage then comes a baby in a babies carriage.” Ivy sang happily on my lap jiggling as she finished her ice cream.

We broke apart and I couldn’t help but blush in front of her as she just rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around both of our necks settling little pecks on our foreheads followed by a yawn.

“Come on I better put the little monster to bed... we can give you a ride seeing as it’s dark and I don’t see how it’s fair you walking home all that way on your own especially in Jersey.”  I insisted putting my hand on his thigh.

“Sure.” Frank nodded and rubbed his hand over mine making the hair stand on end and the skin goose bump.

I lay Ivy down in her purple quilted bed. “I’m happy to see you smile again daddy, I love you, sweet dreams.” She mumbled her eyes closing as soon as her head hit the pillow her eyes closed and fell asleep, I gently took her shoes off and her jeans tucking her in and kissing her forehead goodnight.

“I love you too, sweet dreams my little angel.” I whispered and left her dark purple bedroom.

I joined Frank on the couch resting my hand lightly on top of his and kissed his plump red lips.

I had happiness and light back into my life. I felt the top of the world… I just didn’t know when that world would turn from top to bottom.