Halloween Edition Part 1

So here is the first installment of the Halloween special... enjoy, vote, comment!- Love MFK/Bec xxx

The Tattoo Guy Halloween Edition Part 1

Age 5

"Mom it's too tight." I say tugging at the collar of the cape fastened around my neck, it was nothing like the one I'd seen the guy on TV wear but I sure looked cool.

"You look precious, baby, now huddle over so I can get a picture of you and Mikey." She says grabbing the large scary looking camera and pointing it in our faces as Mikey crawls over to me. He doesn't like to walk much, he's a baby because he likes mom to carry him everywhere. I pull him to me and pull a wide smile as Mikey giggles and plays with his mummy costume. I hear the click, clunk and rattle of the camera before mom thrusts pillow cases into my small hands.

“Why do I get the pink one?" I grumble as Mikey instantly picks up my Star Wars pillow case and am left with a girly pink one.

"You have to be a big boy Gerard, you have to carry your brother’s candy too.” she says before brushing her blonde hair backwards so it sticks out funny. She puts in pointy plastic teeth and blows herself a kiss in the mirror as she straightens up her black dress. Mommy isn't scary. She's meant to look scary for the park so I frown at her and tug at Mikey who sits on me excitedly.

"Gee!" He squeals as he loops his arms around my neck and gives me big sloppy kisses on my cheek.

"Mikey no! I got gunk on my face, now I don't look like Dragular!" I whine as I run the back of my hand over my cheek. "Gross." I grumble.

We head off to the park past all the spooky houses where pumpkin patches cover the lawn and teens throw toilet paper into the trees making them look like ghosts.

The park was where a big party took place, people dressed up in all sorts and all extremes crowded on the sidewalk and the whole park was decked out in the best black and orange decorations. There was a big bowl of red liquid mom seemed to like and all the grownups wore clothes like mom- they weren't as good as mine. My costume made me look evil, scary and spooky. I was the best vampire there.

Mikey and I were set to play with the other kids as the treasure hunt began. We all squealed as we ran in all directions in hopes to get the best candy.

Soon my pillow case was getting full and heavy, I was looking under a prickly tree when I saw two feet underneath, they were sneakers like mine but they were dirty and covered in red syrup. Looking up I screamed as my eyes met with the bloodshot ones of a zombie! His shirt was torn, his skin blue and green covered in blood, and he had his arms in front of him as he came towards me. Faster than when I saw a big pointy needle I grabbed my bag and ran as far as my legs could carry me before I cluttered into something. Sweets rained overhead, falling to the grass bellow me as I met the floor with an 'oomph' and felt something across my legs.

Looking down I saw a small boy my age wearing a scary costume, he was green with patches over his body and big bolts sticking from his neck. Even his eyes were green as they snapped open wide as we scrambled to our feet falling over each other's sneakers. As we heard a groan, our heads snapped in the direction of the zombie from earlier, this time he looked hungry.

"Zombie!" we cried and I felt him pull me over to a tree, we settle behind it and give of little pants as our small lungs gasp for breath.

"Oh no, my candy is gone!" I sniffle as I realise my hard earned bags of candy were now nothing but empty pillow cases.

"I'm sorry, here have mine, I got plenty at home." the other boy says holding out his case exactly the same as mine, Star Wars, and I gasp it's even fuller than the one that had been emptied.

"But it's your candy." I say pushing his hand away but he just drops the bag and himself to the floor amongst the tree roots.

" Then let's share." he smiles up at me with a big cheeky grin that I copy as I snuggle in closer amongst the leaves and abandoned toys at the base of the tree.

We giggle as we stuff our faces with delicious treats, chocolate covers our mouths and jelly sticks to our fingers as we tell each other scary stories like the boogie man and big foot.

“Oh there you are Mr Dracula. It’s time to go, it's bedtime." mom comes over and ruined my time with Frankenstein, I cross my arms and give a little pout as I stuff a few kisses into my pillows and grab her hand.

"Bye bye Frankie." I yawn and give a little wave as I walk away leaving my new friend.

"I don't have a bedtime, Mommy, vampires don’t sleep." I plea with her hoping she'll let me go back as she picks up a sleeping Mikey and begins to walk home.

"And vampires don't eat chocolate." she says as she wipes the gooey goodness from around my mouth.

I don’t want to be a vampire no more."  I grumble at the idea as I pull my hand up and rub my eyes as we get home, I yawn as I snuggle in bed, she kisses my forehead and she turns out the light.

Maybe I'll be Frankenstein next year.