Chapter 27- Age 28

*A/N: This is a sad chapter guys..... BUT! before you read I just want to give a shoutout to my newest story (recently re-written and re-uploaded): Number 26. It's a romance/Chick Lit story about a rather broken girl living with 3 guys and having to put up with them (and their all hours 'earthquake' sessions) and her own problems slowing beggining to control her life. So if you could really help me give it a once of to see if you like it :) Thank you guys for reading! Enjoy the chapter xx

Chapter 27

Age 28

My head is on something soft, something squidgy with solid underneath it as my head wasn’t swallowed by the fluffy-ness of whatever it was.

“Will you keep still.” Frank’s voice makes my eyes snap open and turn to see my head cradled in his lap on top of a pillow.

“Sorry, what happened?” I ask moving my eyes around to see the bright waiting room around me hurting my eyes and the sounds of phone’s ringing, pager beeping and the tannoy calls for various doctors… “Frankie… Ivy… where is she? Is she okay?” I sit up suddenly almost flopping back down with the blood rush into my head and my eyes star over for a moment.

“Gee, she’s okay- she’s safe, we haven’t heard anything yet but that’s a good thing… you’ve been out for about an hour so you haven’t missed much, your body however has missed quite a lot of things the doctors say; here we brought you this.” He reaches under the seat and pulls out a wrapped sandwich- I gratefully take it in my hands before staring at it. “Listen Gee, I don’t know how to tell you this.” My head snaps up to look at him in the eyes. I feel lost and confused, I’m tired and every muscle in my body aches.

“Lyn-z isn’t going to make it out of the crash. She’s had a brain hemorrhage which the doctors said would have eventually happened on its own, the crash just made it happen quicker; her lungs are collapsed and if she makes it though she will have to be hospitalized with major brain damage. Her parents are coming to make funeral plans; they want it done as quickly as possible. It’s just a matter of time now and people are already acting as if she’s gone… they said you could see her whilst you wait to hear on Ivy.” His words although spread out and spoken with caution seem to just flood out all at once and I can’t seem to hang onto a single word.

“Take her to me.” I say and with wobbly legs I rise and offer my hand for support in walking along the small corridor to her room in an isolated part of hospital. It doesn’t feel right to be here- she should be in a light part without darkness or the essence of sorrow.

“Do you want me to come in with you?” he asks and I shake my head not being able to get the words out.

Opening the door to the curtained off room I step in to the chorus of beeping, clunking and movement of machinery linked to a life that was too young to be taken yet.

She’s covered by the hospital sheets but she had her arms out baring the partly bandaged partly discolored skin connected to I.V’s and lines; she looks so small and weak- she has a breathing mask over her face where she still looks so beautiful only I try to ignore the way they’ve tried to get into her skull or how bits of her hair is missing. What scares me the most is how her eyes are open, they are wide staring into mine and I panic on if she can see me.

“Baby?” I whisper putting my hand out to reach hers and place it in her still one. “Baby I’m so sorry you are here. I’m so sorry I was the reason you left that I wasn’t good enough but I’m trying now I promise. I have money, lots of money to take Ivy out to do whatever she wants, I can finally tattoo- but I’m not the same without you and Ivy. I need my two girls in my life and I swear that you always will be.” I lean down and kiss the back of her hand softly feeling a small tear escape my eye and drip onto the bed bellow. “I love you. I love you so much. My exception. The most beautiful woman in my world that gave me the moon and the stars.” I don’t cry anymore I don’t want to leave her side but her face, her emotionless drained eyes stare at me before I turn to leave to finish my last goodbye.

Beep. Beep. Beep. An icy hand reaches up and grazes my arm before it drops heavily down onto the bed. I gasp as her eyes are now closed. Beep. Beep. Beep. ….. beep… beep…. Beep…. Beep…….beeeeeep… and with the flatline of her heart monitor I feel her leave me. I feel how she is now stone. The woman I’ve loved for most of my life is now dead, just nothing, a corpse with no heartbeat, no thoughts and no warmth- that was my version of death. I had seen people die, I had been in the presence of every person I ever loved as they died- I was a curse for them. I bow my head and take a breath turning to see the staff waiting to take her away. Frankie stands ready to take me away back to the moon and stars.