Chapter 16 (Part 1)- Age 27

*the pic is the front wall thing of Gerard Way's (ex) house which he sold in 2013 for $1.4 million and I am not the jealous type but holy cannoli I would kill for that house! Tumblr it and you'll see why- it's just so beautiful!

Anyway- where did the party go? I like to hear from people it makes me feel less of a coffee addicted sleep deprived weird... enjoy the first part of the chapter because shit is gonna hit the fan!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16 (Part 1)

Age 27

It was my birthday and one the way home to see my beautiful family I stopped by the diner for coffee and caramel milkshakes, I was excited to see everyone knowing Mikey, Ray and Bob were all coming over for a mini movie marathon. I had been planning it for a while- even picking out movies I knew everyone would love; Shaun of the Dead for Bob and Mikey (permitting Ivy clean her room I’d let her watch it because the little horror freak within had really started to claw it’s way out), Dirty Dancing for Mandy, Ivy and Lyn-z… okay and myself but you have to admit there was something about Patrick Swayze and his hips that made my mouth drool… The Avengers is for everybody and Dawn of the dead for when Ivy had gone to bed and Mandy and Patrick had gone home bless their fragile hearts. It was going to be an amazing night with my family but I planned on doing something a little extra with Ivy beforehand which started with our favourite milkshakes.

I had worked harder over the weeks to earn a little more money which meant I hadn’t been home a lot and pulling all nighter’s before going to another job as soon as the sun rose the next morning, but after working up enough I finally planned on taking us to this comic book convention a little out of town- she could get whatever she wanted even if it was those Adventure Time comics or clothing made out of fabrics covered in all things nerdy- she could buy everything and anything as long as she was happy because that made me feel complete. It made me feel better for being the father I was. The last time we went to a ‘comic con’ spin off I didn’t have enough money to buy a lot, the comics were cheap but even then I couldn’t afford it; she came away that day crying because I hadn’t let her buy anything screaming she hated me and I was a rubbish father that she wanted to live with her mommy. It broke my heart that day all because I had to pay bills and a mortgage on a house Lyn-z insisted we get, being self-employed at a time where money was thin and people had none to spend meant we often went without; of course I always provided for the family but it left no money for anything else- sometimes I didn’t have a dime to spare. This time I would make my daughter proud and she could buy whatever she wanted, I would show my family I would be there for them and that I deserved a second chance at being a good dad. “If I turn out to be half the dad you are I’ll be happy.” Frank’s voice muttered in my head… I hadn’t heard from him since that day. I guess it was a good thing as everything within me still burned at the mention of his name- I guess I was a fool again. I did a lot of guessing lately; I had nothing solid in my life to be sure on.

So happy freaking birthday to me.

Pulling into the marble stoned driveway of the modern family home I sat and took a deep breath. The house was an old barn conversion made up to it’s finest, it was now part glass and part wood build with some characteristics of a family barn inside. It had a big garden, library, fountain, balconies with skyline views, the whole outside of the house was a maze of flowers and greenery and it was all shut off with “Casa de mi sueño" ; it was big and cost a lot of my saving to afford it but it was what the girls wanted so like a pliable piece of Playdough they moulded me into shape to bend to every whim and demand. I was a whipped bitch. A pussy whipped bitch. But I did love my home… it was worth $1.4 million which I had worked hard for to give my family what they wanted. I loved my house but it wasn’t something I wanted- it was too luxurious and too extravagant- I could barely think in the vast space because I felt so insignificant when I was alone- like I didn’t belong there.

Walking through the old wooden door and up to the house through the garden I call out for Ivy.

“Ivy, sweetheart! I’m home and I got you something! Get ready we are going out!” I call even though my voice gets lost in the main room. I sigh and make my way to the kitchen where I place the milkshakes before rushing down the spiral staircase to my little den where I had a mini art studio and a few guitars, I aimed to grab the money I saved up and the CD mix of songs we loved to listen to when I had the top down on my Beetle and we would drive on the highway with the wind in our hair. I lifted up an amp where I kept the money in a little box inside- truthfully the amp didn’t work but I didn’t think it would be found there… that was until I saw the box was empty.

With panic on my face I rushed back up the stairs searching, maybe I had put it in the library. Running into the library I called for Ivy once again “Ivy are you here!?” I shouted louder this time as I skimmed through the books looking for a Dune book where I had cut out the pages to hide safety money- it was gone...

TO BE CONTINUED!