Chapter 5- Age 23

Chapter 5

Age 23

(continued from Chapter 4)

“What about your mom or Mike weren’t they around to look after her?” he asked shuffling a bit closer testing my limits I settled my hand on the seat and lent back his little finger ran up and down the side of my hand.

“No as soon as they found out I was gonna have a kid they cut me out... about a year ago my mom caught up with me and gave me all the shit about being there for her and being a good grandmother and stuff but to be honest I knew she felt sorry for me... I mean yeah I’m a single father and I have a daughter... a daughter who one day will turn 13 or whatever age and will need a woman to talk to about female things I have no clue on and one day will ask where her mom is and why she doesn’t see any women at the house... she gonna need stuff I’ll be embarrassed to get or talk about... what kind of dad am I gonna be when she’s crying because kids take the piss on her because she hasn’t got a mom but a fag of a dad instead.” I grumbled and sulked back scratching the dried on ketchup I must had smeared on my cup.

I heard a fork drop and a little sob “Daddy... don’t say that... I’m sorry daddy I didn’t mean to...” Ivy sobbed and cried from across the table.

“Fuck.” I whispered a sigh. “No Poison V... you didn’t do anything, don’t cry V it was just stupid daddy being silly.” I reached forward and wiped away a tear.

“Here let me take her Gee... hey sweetie how about we go play with Uncle Patrick then maybe some ice cream.” Mandy appeared out of nowhere and took Ivy’s hand walking her out back.

I watched her go and put my head in my hands.

“I say a fucking good one Gee... no other single parent has had to do this alone for 5 fucking years man... you’ve done everything for her and I can see it in your eyes- every time she smiles or laughs that you don’t care what happens or what shit you’re in as long as she is happy... I see a lot of parents and none of them look at their kids the way you do.” Frank whispered into my ear as he laid his head on my shoulder and waited for me to respond.

I carefully sat back up not too quickly and held Frank’s hand under the table. “I guess I’ll just send her here when she needs the talk or something... or just call an ambulance.” I smirked and looked deep into young tired eyes that had a glaze and gleam to them in the light.

“What about Ivy’s mom... does she ever see her...? What’s her story?” Frank ran his calloused thumb over the back of my smooth cold pale hand.

“Basically Ivy’s mom fell pregnant when we were 17, it was our first time and more of an experiment for both of us at Pete Wentz’s end of summer party... problem was I was fucked up back then on drugs and alcohol and shit... I totally forgot the next day... then the day you said something about Lyn-z being pregnant I freaked out because it all came back to me man and bam 3 days later she’s at my door in the pouring rain telling me I better get my shit together ‘cus she wasn’t gonna get rid of the kid but she wasn’t gonna keep it... me being the father was a secret to everyone but I was there for everything the whole way through... it was like a week before graduation and I was called to the hospital because she was in labour... man that was torturous and when she was finally born I was the first to hold her tight in my arms and it hit me like a 20 tonne truck that I was a dad and I loved my little girl... thing was I thought she’d stick around but no she wouldn’t even look at her... I was so pissed and she ran. When I got home everyone seemed just as pissed and they told me to get out of their house... well I stayed until a week after graduation then moved out... that was the last time I saw Lyn-z but I heard she lives in England now with her girlfriend. I hope she doesn’t come back. I like it the way it is... the way it has always been... my little wake up call.” I told him clutching his hand in mine and leaning in so I could stop myself from shouting by whispering.

“I never thought she would ever do something like that... I guess I was wrong... so you left home and what about your job?” Frank starred at the table top.

“My first big job was Cartoon Network and I had to walk to the station to catch a train into New York and back every day and it got boring and the ideas where just shit... at that time I also worked on weekends but with Ivy in Barns and Noble... in the end I couldn’t take it and created the gallery with my friend Brian.” I explained running one of my hands through my hair and the scratch the back of my neck.

“I’m glad... that you’re happy... that you love what you do and that Ivy has such an amazing dad.” Frank beamed at me as our eyes met and we lent in at the same time our lips meeting and our eyes closing to sink lower and lower into our little bubble and allow our whole bodies tingle as our kiss deepened and electric pulses ran through us.

“I’m glad I met you again.” I mumbled against his lips as I pulled away my head moving with his as he nodded. “Show me.” I whispered and without hesitation Frank pulled away to pull up his sleeve revealing his tattooed peach skin in the middle my sketch imbedded into his skin... art and beauty. “It’s beautiful.” I ran my fingers over the inked skin.

“Not as beautiful as you.” Frank moved his arm to cup my cheek and lean back in bring our lips together again.

#A/N: *wiggles eyebrows* Gerard and Frank sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. first came love, then came Ivy, then comes... let's wait and see...