Billionaires and Bad Guys

Edited: 2021.08.18 

Your mouth fell open as you gazed out the window at your destination a few short minutes later: an immense, white marble building with a huge fenced-in front lawn and long driveway that curved around the front of the estate before circling back to the main road. The place seemed almost seven times the size of Oliver's mansion. 

"What is this place?" You breathed, staring wide-eyed at the enormous building. Oliver only smiled and pulled the Jag into the circular driveway, parking just in front of the exit where a younger-looking male opened his door for him. Oliver grabbed the briefcase and stepped out, followed by Dinah and Roy. You were a little late to catch on to the fact that no one was going to answer you before exiting the vehicle.

"This, kiddo, is an organization hall that volunteered to hold a charity benefit being thrown by Wayne Enterprises," Oliver replied, wrapping an arm around Dinah's waist as he led her up the steps to the giant front door. Your eyes widened further as you looked back to Oliver.

"Bruce Wayne?" You repeated, your volume pulling a few curious glances from other guests that were just arriving. Roy quickly shushed you, grabbing you by the forearm and yanking you up the stairs to catch up with Oliver and Dinah, who were now entering the giant building.

"Yes, that Bruce Wayne," Roy hissed, shaking his head. "Now, would you please just keep your mouth shut and refrain from making us look like a bunch of idiots?"

"Please, Harper; you can do that much by yourself."

"Butt out, Grayson," Roy snapped, turning to face a boy you hadn't noticed upon entering the hall. The boy stepped through a group of people, smirking as he looked between you and the redhead. Roy scowled and threw your arm away as he stepped up to the boy, folding his arms over his chest.

"You know, I didn't even think it was possible for you to get any shorter," Roy muttered, staring down at the boy. You couldn't help cocking an eyebrow at the statement; the boy wasn't any more than a few inches shorter than the redhead.

"You know, I'd totally return with a witty remark. . ." The boy's gaze trailed over to you, and your brow furrowed in confusion. He then chuckled deeply and stepped up to you before suddenly taking your hand in his own, placing a delicate kiss on your knuckles. "Then again, I wouldn't want to look like a jerk in front of a lady." Despite the embarrassed flush tinting your cheeks, you frowned, looking from the boy in front of you to Roy.

"It's a shame, really," you murmured, tilting your head a bit. The boy cocked an eyebrow, pulling your hand closer to his chest.

"What's a shame?" He asked. Your eyes didn't leave Roy's.

"That a kid like you has more decency and respect toward other people than an actual adult," you hissed, lightly pulling your hand from his grip as Roy averted his gaze and forcefully shoved his hands into his pockets. You then turned to the boy, who had an amused look plastered across his face. "Excuse me, I need to find someone." The boy nodded and gestured to the foyer, where the rest of the company were eating, dancing, and mingling about. You nodded in return and continued on, being sure to avoid Roy as you passed. Roy huffed, his eyes following you until you disappeared among the throng. 

"I swear to God, Grayson, not a word," he hissed as the boy approached and eyed the crowd from Roy's side.

"You know, I saw the way you were shoving her around earlier," he stated, "and she's right; the way you treat her is pathetic." Roy's attention snapped back to the younger, who's face was void of any emotion, though the seriousness of his voice was very real.

"Who are you to talk?" Roy growled, shaking his head. "When was the last time you had to deal with someone like her?"

"Someone like her, huh?" Came his reply, accompanied by a deep sigh. "You know, there's probably a lot you don't know about her--"