Bickering and Confrontation

Updated: 2021.08.19 

Oliver sighed, gulping down the rest of his coffee as he continued listening to you and Roy bicker over something in the living room. The two of you had been at it for almost an entire hour, and if Oliver were being completely honest, it was starting to irritate him. It'd been a couple days since the whole nightmare incident, and he was relieved to see you didn't appear to have any recollection of the event; at least, if you did, you didn't reveal it. However, while he was happy about that, he was even more distraught to find you and Roy had been bickering even more than usual since then.

"Alright!" He finally yelled at the sound of glass shattering behind him. He turned around to see you and Roy standing over a broken vase, practically clawing at each other as you shot accusations across the room, completely ignoring Oliver.

"If you wouldn't have tried to hit me, this wouldn't have happened!" Roy growled, gesturing to the shattered vase sitting at his feet. You threw your hands in the air.

"Well, if you would've just kept your damn mouth shut, I wouldn't have tried to hit you!" You yelled back, bending down to try and pick up the remnants of the vase. Roy scoffed, rolling his eyes as he glared down at you.

"God, you are such an idiot," he muttered, shoving you back onto your butt as he bent down in front of you. "You're going to cut yourself if you pick it up like that!"

"I shouldn't be picking up your messes in the first place," you hissed in reply, turning on her heel and exiting the living room. You climbed the stairs and resided to your bedroom, slamming the door shut behind you. The noise carried down to the living room, where Roy and Oliver had been left alone.

"So, it seems like you two are getting along okay," Oliver joked. He immediately regretted it as Roy slowly raised his head to look at the blonde, an angry scowl plastered across his face.

"What, are you blind, old man?" Roy snapped, returning his attention to the broken vase. "I swear, if you didn't care so much for that brat, I would've put an arrow through her head by now."

"No you wouldn't," Oliver replied, snickering. "You wouldn't do anything to hurt someone as cute as her."

"Cute?" Roy scoffed. "The only thing even remotely cute about her is her expectation to be like us. You really think she's that intent on becoming a vigilante? Man, you really are blind." Roy paused and glanced up at Oliver after he received no reply, cocking an eyebrow at the blonde's teasing expression. "What now?" He snapped, to which Oliver shook his head.

"You still think she's cute. . ." He hummed, laughing when Roy shot him a murderous look.

"I just told you, I don't!" He yelled, scooping up the broken vase and carrying it to the kitchen, where he disposed of it in the trash can. He then turned to Oliver, folding his arms over his chest. "And you can drill that into you thick skull, because as long as she's here, I will despise her with every fiber of my being."

"Likewise."

Both men jumped and whirled around to see you stalking back into the kitchen, avoiding eye contact with either of them. You reached into the freezer to grab another bag of frozen vegetables, dumping the now-thawed bag of frozen peas into the drawer before slamming it shut again. Without another word, you left quickly, stomping back up the stairs to your room. It wasn't until they heard your bedroom door slam shut that Oliver smacked Roy on the back of the head, earning a whine of annoyance.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Roy snapped. "I told the truth! I don't want her here, and I'm not going to change my mind." This time, it was Oliver's turn to scowl, though Roy didn't really pay much attention as he wandered over to the fridge to find something to eat.