Sleepless Nights and Irritability

Updated: 2021.08.24 

It was about five-thirty in the morning when Roy's eyes flew open, the sound of incoherent screaming echoing through the hall just outside his door. He threw off the covers and jumped out of his bed, shoving through both his door and yours.  

You were thrashing around on your bed; you'd long-before discarded your covers, now fighting to untangle your legs from the sheets as you screamed out into the night.  

"(Y/N), wake up!" Roy exclaimed, finally snapping out of his stupor and running over to the bedside. You couldn't hear him, your screams drowning him out.  

"(Y/N)," Roy muttered, placing his hands on your shoulders. You shot up in bed at the contact, your eyes flying open. Roy flinched and took a step back at the sight of your peridot-green eyes. You didn't even acknowledge Roy's presence, too busy trying to frantically rip the sheets from your feet to free yourself. 

"Hey!" Roy tried again. "Calm down!" You just vigorously shook your head, squirming beneath Roy's hold.

"B-Birds. . . t-they want t-to. . . no body's s-safe. . ." you randomly babbled, your shuttered breaths becoming shorter by the second. 

"(Y/N), you need to wake up!" Roy ordered, shaking you. "Calm d--" He let out a yelp as you finally freed yourself from the covers and tried to scramble from the bed, only to fall onto Roy in the process. The two of you hit the floor, and Roy quickly grabbed your wrists and sat up, causing you to fall into his lap. 

"(Y/N) Isley, wake the hell up!" He snapped, shaking you again as your speech became more slurred than it had been before. You continued to absentmindedly stare off behind Roy, your wide eyes bloodshot and emotionless. 

"What the hell is going on?!" 

Roy's head snapped over to Oliver, who was now standing in the doorway of your room, a mixed look of shock and anger spread across his face. Roy's face fell, and he took a quick glance back at you before shaking his head. 

"Ollie, it's not what you--" 

"Get the hell away from her!" Oliver hissed, storming over to the couple. He threw Roy away before kneeling down in front of you, brushing your sweat-damp bangs out of your eyes. "What's wrong with her? What did you do?" 

"She's having another nightmare!" Roy exclaimed, moving to Oliver's side. "I swear, I came as soon as I heard her screaming!" 

"What's happening to her?" Oliver demanded, shaking his head. "Why is she acting like this?" 

"I don't know!" Roy snapped back, raking a hand through his messy red hair. "We need to get her to wake up!" 

"She is awake!" Oliver exclaimed. He frowned, raising a hand to cup your jaw as he studied your dull, peridot-green eyes. "Isn't she?" 

"I don't know," Roy repeated. "She's, like, a freaking zombie or something!" Oliver huffed, shaking his head as he wracked his brain for an idea. While you'd finally stopped trying to fight Oliver's grasp, you hadn't stopped crying, and every now and then would mutter something else the other two couldn't quite understand. 

"Damn it," Oliver hissed, shaking his head. "I don't know what to do!" 

"A. . . Arrows. . . " 

Both men quickly turned back to you, falling silent as you began muttering again. 

"Arrows?" Roy murmured, frowning. 

"She's com. . . coming. . ." you whispered, your face contorting as the tears continue to streak down your face. "Get away. . . N-No! Let him go!"