Arrows and Awkward...

Edited: 2022.02.11

"I know you're afraid you'll start changing again, but you need to get back into practicing," Roy muttered, folding his arms over his chest. You only shook your head from your place on the floor, placing your hands in your lap. 

"If I spar with you, you might get hurt," you replied, eyes shifting to the mat underneath you. "From what you guys told me, I almost injured Ollie; I don't want to do the same thing to you." Roy rolled his eyes. 

"You won't," he pushed. "Come on, if you don't keep training, you'll get lethargic." 

"I don't care," you huffed. "I'm not exactly worried about that at the moment; I'm too busy trying to keep my monstrous tendencies under control." Roy couldn't help but roll his eyes, though he didn't reply as he wandered over to the other side of the room and grabbed a BOB bust, dragging it to the center of the mat. You watched as he settled in front of it before attacking, delivering a series of swift punches and kicks every few seconds. 

"Can I ask you something?" Roy asked after a few minutes of silence. You nodded. "How do you feel?" 

"Fine--" 

"No, not like that," Roy interrupted, shooting you a quick glance. "How do you feel? Do you feel any different after what happened? Any weird sensations? Any more attacks, episodes?" You hesitated for a moment before letting out a sigh, leaning back on your hands. 

"I don't know," you mumbled. "How would I know if I feel any different? I'm frustrated all the time--" 

"Any more than usual?" You shrugged. 

"It happens more frequently now, if that's what you're asking. Some kind of bipolarity, maybe. Any little thing can trigger it, and it scares me. I don't want it to get so out of control that. . . something like that happens again." Roy nodded, using the edge of his tank top to wipe the sweat from his face. 

"Yeah," he muttered, taking a deep breath. "Have you been experiencing any changes over the past few days?" 

"My eyes turned yesterday, and they haven't gone back yet," you mumbled, and Roy nodded again. He'd actually noticed your eyes that morning, but hadn't said anything to prevent triggering you. "Other than that, I haven't been turning green or anything, although I keep getting these awful headaches, and I'm always thirsty; I feel like I'm dehydrated all the time." 

Interesting. 

"Have you been outside much lately?" Roy asked. You shook your head. "It could be a lack of Vitamin D. I would suggest taking a walk around town for a little while; you also want to make sure you're drinking enough water." 

"Duly noted," you muttered, almost boredly. "Any other great words of advice?" Roy lightly scoffed, taking a moment to catch his breath as he leaned against the BOB. 

"Cool it with the attitude," he replied. "I get that you're stressed, but you being sour all the time just puts the rest of us in a bad mood. I'm pretty sure Ollie is two comments away from jumping off the IFLI roof, and Dinah looks like she's about to have a panic attack any time she looks at you." You immediately felt an overwhelming sense of guilt, and subtly averted your gaze to the floor to avoid looking at Roy. 

Roy hesitated for a moment before letting out a deep sigh, moving away from the BOB and taking a seat on the floor across from you. 

"Look, I'm sorry," he mumbled, ruffling his sweat-drenched hair. "I'm not trying to be an asshole; I'm just worried." You didn't reply. "I'm worried about Ollie and Dinah, I'm worried about when the Council of Wings is going to attack next, and. . . I'm worried about you." It wasn't really anything new to hear Roy say something to that effect, though it never failed to make you blush. "Whatever's happening to you, I'm worried something bad is going to happen--"