Forewords

* * * 

TRIGGER WARNING

Please look over the following list in case you are affected by any of the following themes: 
- mental/emotional/physical abuse
- psychological trauma
- nonconsensual medical procedure
- PTSD, torture, night terrors
- sexual assault 
- unhealthy parental coexistence 
- blood/gore/depictions of violence 
- suicide (non-descriptive) 

I would also like to address the comments I received following the publication of this book's earlier chapters. 

Many asked about the way I portrayed the main character, (Y/N), at the beginning of the story. Most inquiries mentioned how I made (Y/N) erratically shift back and forth from hysterical and borderline crazy to more calm and serious. I made these choices for many reasons.  

First of all, this book is an x-reader. This means that I write (Y/N) how I see fit regarding the plot, context, and relationships I hope to develop in the book. Not every detail will fit YOUR personal preferences or situations, and while I encourage constructive criticisms and love reading your comments, I do not care about how much this differs from your real lives, nor how YOU would have written the book. This is a fictional tale I wrote for sheer pleasure and fantasy, and you all read it because it is such. 

Now, regarding (Y/N)'s actual character as a whole: 

As I have listed in all of my books, I always put a little bit of myself into every story I write, and every original character I create has a piece of me, as well. (Y/N) and her relationship with her mother, Poison Ivy, is actually a parallel of personal aspects of my own life, and I'm sure many of you can relate more than you think. 

At the time I started writing this book when I was a teenager, my mother and I didn't have the best relationship. My mother, incidentally, has various psychological and behavioral issues, which I reflected in how I portrayed both Ivy and (Y/N). Any remedial psychology course--or a simple Internet search--can tell you that mental health issues such as bipolar personality disorder and bipolar depression are hereditary. Given Poison Ivy's notorious psychological deterioration, it makes sense for (Y/N) to possess some of those traits. However, it is not necessarily the mental aspect I was going for, but rather a reflection of (Y/N)'s abilities and how emotions and certain triggers can cause serious fluctuations that impact the individual and those around them. 

As you will read later on in this story--without giving away any huge spoilers--Ivy's unhealthy reliance on (Y/N) and (Y/N)'s codependence on her mother come into play as a huge plot point. When it comes to bipolarity and passive-aggression, there is always a manipulation and reliance factor, which I have exaggerated to fit my own means. 

Now that I have given you this in-depth explanation, I hope you will respect my choice of character and continue reading this story while showing it the love and appreciation it deserves. However you choose to gauge that is up to you. 

Thank you, 

GalaxyMari

* * *