Pop-bys and Wonder Boy

It's. Another. Chapter. 😱

Updated: 2021.08.19

It was no surprise to you or Roy that Oliver would be angry with you. If anything, you were expecting it.

As soon as you two stepped through the garage door, Oliver attacked, screeching for you to go up to her room so he could have a little "heart-to-heart" with Roy; as far as you were concerned, Roy was a dead man.

"You. . . " Oliver muttered, glaring at Roy as he ran a hand through his messy blonde hair. "I don't even know where to begin with you! What were you hoping to gain by pressuring (Y/N) into telling you everything before she was ready?! I sure as hell hope it was worth it! Did you even see the look on her face when she stepped through that door?" He threw a hand in the direction of the garage. "She looked heartbroken! How do you think she feels now that she's told you? Do you even feel any different?" Roy moved from his place by the couch, keeping silent as he walked past Oliver and headed toward the foyer. Oliver's mouth fell open as he followed Roy, reaching out to grab his shoulder before he made it to the staircase. He pulled Roy back, his fingers digging into his shoulder.

"I'm not finished," he mumbled, scowling at the back of Roy's head. "I'm going to give you something to do, and you're going to do it before you have the chance to blow it off, alright?" Silence. "First, you're going to apologize to (Y/N)." Silence. "Then, you're going to help me train her." Silence. "Finally, you, yourself, are going to forbid Jade to step foot on the premises for as long as (Y/N) remains here." Roy's shoulder twitched as he gasped, throwing Oliver's hand away and whirling around to face him.

"Leave Jade out of this," he hissed, glaring back at Oliver. "She has nothing to do with (Y/N) -"

"She became involved in this as soon as you told her about (Y/N)," Oliver muttered back, shaking his head. "Another thing; I'm putting (Y/N) on the mission we had planned in a couple weeks, and she's going as your partner."

"What?!" Roy snapped, his eyes widening. "You can't be serious! She has no idea what the hell she's doing! What are you thinking, putting her in that position?!"

"I'm thinking it's time we started training her," Oliver replied sternly, yanking his hand out of Roy's grip. "If she's going to be staying here, then we need to prepare her." Roy let out a low growl, running his hands through his disheveled auburn hair.

"Prepare her for what?" He exclaimed. Oliver lowered his head a bit, folding his arms over his chest as his eyes trailed up the staircase in the direction of your bedroom. 

"Considering you know now, it's not much of a secret anymore," Oliver muttered, earning a confused look from Roy. 

"About what?" 

"I've been passed information under the table that she's planning an escape," he murmured. Roy scoffed, throwing his hands in the air.

"She, who?" He snapped. Oliver's gaze returned to Roy, and Roy hesitated, locking eyes with Oliver for a split second before gasping. "No. . . " Oliver nodded. 

"This is all speculated," he muttered, letting out a sigh, "but until we can dismiss the claim, (Y/N) can't know; not yet, anyway. Now listen very carefully." 

* * *

You sighed, flopping down on your bed and staring up at the ceiling. You couldn't decide whether you were worried or relieved that you'd told Roy everything. It was weird to you, because you were almost. . . calm.

"I wonder how Roy feels about it," you murmured aloud. "He seemed pretty upset when I told him about. . ." You trailed off, tilting you head down a bit as you lightly fingered the hem of your shirt. You then slipped your fingers underneath the material, hiking it up a few inches until you could see it; the scar. It'd healed over nicely in the past few years, though it was still very visible. A thin, faded line that ran across your stomach, just under your belly button, was all that remained as a grim reminder of the operation and it never failed to disappoint you every time you caught a glimpse of it.