Chapter 1-5

Prologue

In a little town called Pallet Town in a region called Kanto. There lived a young boy of the name called Ash Ketchum. Ash was looking forward towards tomorrow, because tomorrow was the day of his Pokémon journey.

Ash loved Pokémon and it was his dream to become a Pokémon master. Ever since he was seven he had read all the books about what he needed to know about Pokémon. He had read books about Pokémon types and attacks, about medicine, and what the best way was to train Pokémon.

By his bed was a green rucksack that Ash had packed ever since this morning. He packed a sleeping back, a fishing rod, a bag to carry Pokémon food in and a bag to carry medicine in. Ash always knew that being prepared was very important. He also knew that once he left for his journey he would be on his own. But he wasn't scared; no he would have his Pokémon on him and would meet new friends on his journey.

Right now Ash was watching a Pokémon match on TV. It was a fight between a Gengar and a Nidorino. Gengar had just used Hypnosis and that made Nidorino fall asleep. The trainer quickly returned Nidorino and then called out his giant snake Pokémon Onix.

Ash was about to cheer them all on when his mother Delia Ketchum came in to his room. "Ash you should be in bed," she said "your Pokémon journey starts tomorrow and it's getting very late". "Sorry mum," Ash said "but I'm too excited to go to bed". "Maybe so," Delia said "but if you are late tomorrow, well you won't get any Pokémon at all. And you won't like that would you?

Ash knew his mother was right, like always, so he got into his green and yellow pyjamas and went to bed. "At last I'll be going on a Pokémon journey" he said to himself and went to sleep.

The start of the journey and Misty

The sound of an alarm clock woke Ash up with a start. He stretched his arms and legs and got ready for his journey. "It's a good thing I set my alarm clock to seven in the morning or I would have been sunk" he said. He took off his pyjamas and put on his clothes. His clothing was a black t-shirt, with a blue and white jacket over, blue jeans, black and white sneakers and green fingerless gloves. He also wore a red and white hat that held a green mark on it. This hat was special to Ash; he won it from a contest the Pokémon league held. It took him one million postcards, but it was worth it. After checking everything was ready Ash ran downstairs.

Delia was in the kitchen when Ash entered. She had made toast, eggs and bacon for breakfast and had made some sandwiches for his journey. "Morning mum" said Ash. "Morning sweetie," said Delia "all ready for the journey?" "Yep," Ash answered "all set and ready to go." "You picked what Pokémon you want?" asked Delia. "No I haven't yet," said Ash "but I'll probably make my mind up when I see them".

After finishing his breakfast Ash ran as fast as he could to Prof Oak laboratory. In his mind he was thinking about what one of the three Pokémon he could choose. The first was called a Bulbasaur. A grass/poison type looked a small dinosaur, with a big bulb growing on his back. Second was Charmander a fire type. It was a small lizard with a flame at the tip of his tail. The third was a Squirtle a small turtle and a water type. Ash like all three, so making up his mind was not easy.

Soon Ash was at Prof Oak's lab at last. He ran the doorbell and there at the door was Prof Oak. "Morning professor" said Ash. "Ah morning Ash," said the professor "ready to pick your Pokémon?" "As ready as I ever will be" replied Ash, with determination in his eyes. "Okay in you come" said the professor. Prof Oak led Ash into the research room of his lab. The research was room was where Prof Oak kept his machinery for research and where he stalled the starter Pokémon for new Pokémon trainers. "Well Ash what's your choice?" said Prof Oak "Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?"