Chapter 81-85

Chapter 81

Dusk Contest,

Sootopolis Gym and

Pacifidlog Contest

Today the gang had come to Dusk Town where the next contest was. Ash had his new Absol checked in the pokemon center to see if its wound was all right. Ash told Nurse Joy about what happened in Riyado Town and the snare trap. Of course it made Nurse Joy cross about the people in Riyado Town hating Absol, but she was relieved that they didn't anymore. Ash's Absol was female and to Ash's surprise she knew quite a lot of attacks. Absol knew scratch, leer, quick attack, quick attack, razor wind, sword dance, bite double team, water pulse, calm mind, thunder bolt, flamethrower, ice beam, hyper beam, iron tail, aerial ace, secret power, stone edge, dark pulse, shadow claw, cut and the egg move megahorn. Of course Ash was happy to have an incredible pokemon and couldn't wait to try her out in battles.

Right now the gang was at the contest hall so Ash and May could sign up to enter. At the reception desk, the lady said that there was only one more application left. May decided to let Ash have it; he had given her the last application of entering a contest twice before, so May wanted to return the favor this time. So this time only Ash entered. "You sure that you didn't want to enter this contest May?" asked Max, who was worried about his sister. "Ah don't worry Max," said May "I can just enter the next contest". "Oh not entering the contest May?" asked a voice. It was Harley; he was entering the Dusk Contest too. "What a pity, these could have been my chance to defeat you this time May. Never mind I can just defeat Ash instead". "If you think that you are going to beat me in this contest, well let me tell you this; I am not going to be easy to defeat" said Ash, not happy with Harley's tone. "Just don't disappoint me in this contest" huffed Harley, and he walked off. "Harley hasn't changed one bit," said May "Ash do me a favor and defeat him please". "No problem" replied Ash.

The Dusk Contest soon started and Vivian gave the usual introductions and showed off the Dusk Ribbon. The Dusk Ribbon was purple-pink, with a light pink outline. May was sitting in the seats with Brock, Tomo and Max. "If Ash does win this one, he will have all five ribbons to enter the grand festival" said Brock. "I wonder what pokemon he will use in this contest" said Tomo. May and Max couldn't wait to see what Ash would do.

The preliminary rounds started and for once Ash was first. He called out his Grovyle and ordered it to do aerial ace. Grovyle ran fast across the stage surrounded by white streaks. The judges and audience were impressed with Grovyle's speed. "Now Grovyle fire an energy ball into the air and then fire dragon breath at it" said Ash. Grovyle fired energy ball into the air and then fired dragon breath at it. The dragon breath and energy ball attacks burst into blue-green particles, and then Ash and Grovyle did their finishing pose. Ash got a score of 28.7.

Some more great performances came after Ash; there was a Shellder using icicle spear, Growlithe doing flamethrower, Bellossom using magical leaf and Crobat using air cutter. Finally it was Harley's turn and he called out Cacturne. Cacturne did a combination of bullet seed and poison sting and which gave off particles of yellow and purple. After the performances were over, Ash and Harley made it to the battle rounds with two other coordinators. To Ash's surprise he had to battle Harley first. Harley declared that he would easily get to the final rounds in just a few minutes. But Ash warned him to not under estimate his Grovyle. In the stands May hoped that Ash would beat Harley. "You shouldn't worry May," said Tomo "Harley may be strong, but Ash wouldn't let Harley beat him that easily". "Yeah no just watch the match and relax May" said Brock.

The battle rounds soon came and Ash and Grovyle were up against Harley and Cacturne. Harley ordered Cacturne to start off with poison sting. "Counter that with bullet seed Grovyle" said Ash. The poison sting and bullet seed collided with each other. "Now go in for quick attack". Grovyle tackled Cacturne hard with quick attack. "All right then," said Harley "Cacturne lets use needle arm". One of Cacturne's arms glowed white and it got ready to hit Grovyle. "Use focus punch Grovyle" said Ash. Grovyle's arms glowed and he got ready to punch Cacturne. Cacturne and Grovyle were then punching each other like they were in a boxing match. Brock pointed out that Cacturne would get more damage from Grovyle's focus punch, than Grovyle's damage from Cacturne's needle arm. "That's right," said Max "as focus punch is a fighting type move, Cacturne, being part dark type, would have the disadvantage against it". May watched the match carefully, happy to see that Ash was giving Harley a rough time. "Okay Grovyle, it's time to use x-scissor" said Ash. Grovyle's leaves on both his arms glowed light blue and then he slashed Cacturne in an X like fashion. As x-scissor was a bug type move, Cacturne got a lot of damage from it, being grass and dark type. Cacturne started to pant heavily and then fainted on the spot. Ash won this battle round.