Chapter 111-115

Chapter 111

Training day,

The Strange Plate

And Poketechs

Today it was time for Ash and Dawn to start practicing for the Jubilife pokemon contest. Ash decided to use his female Aipom for this contest. Truth is his female Aipom really liked pokemon contests and when Ash had a think about what pokemon to use his female Aipom wanted to take part. "Hey Dawn before we start practicing," said Ash "what are the rules for the pokemon contests here in Sinnoh? I mean can you use a different pokemon in each round of the contests or do they have to be the same?" Ash didn't know what the contest rules in Sinnoh were yet. "At the pokemon contests you can use a different pokemon for the appeal round and battle round, and you are allowed to use the same pokemon for both rounds," answered Dawn "oh and there's another thing you need to know Ash. Here in the Sinnoh region coordinators dress up for the pokemon contests". "Do they?" asked Ash "oh then I'll have to sort out an outfit when we get to Jubilife City then".

"Hey Dawn before you start practicing you better see what moves your Piplup, Burmy and Ariados know," said Brock "once you see what moves your pokemon it's easier to start practicing then". So Dawn got out hr pokedex to check out her Piplup, Burmy and Ariados. Piplup knew pound, growl, bubble, water sport, peck, bide and bubblebeam. Burmy was female and she knew protect, bug bite, tackle, hidden power and string shot. Ariados was male and he knew bug bite, poison sting, string shot, scary face, leech life, night shade, shadow sneak, fury swipes, sludge bomb and psychic. "That's pretty good for your first three pokemon Dawn" said Brock. Dawn was happy with the results too.

Now it was time for practice. Ash's female Aipom knew scratch, tail whip, sand attack, tickle, fury swipes, swift, focus punch, bounce, water pulse, shadow claw, attract, double team and the egg move double slap. Ash's male Aipom knew the same moves too. "Okay Aipom ready to practice for your first pokemon contest?" Ash asked his pokemon. Aipom was more than ready.

As for Dawn she had decided to use Piplup for the appeal round and use Ariados for the battle round. Burmy felt a bit left out because she wasn't going to be in the contest. But Dawn promised her she could be in the next pokemon contest. Right now Dawn had a practice with Piplup. She decided for the appeal round Piplup should spin around using bubble beam; that would create a large ring of bubbles and a lot of sparkles when the bubbles burst. Unfortunately while trying it out Piplup got dizzy with spinning and the bubbles went out of control. Dawn and Piplup tried again, but Piplup got dizzy again and the bubbles went everywhere too. Things weren't going well for Dawn at the moment.

Ash who saw everything spoke up. "The best thing to do Dawn," he said "is to have Piplup practice spinning without getting dizzy first, and then start practicing the moves". "Ash is right Dawn," said Brock "remember figure skaters and dancers start practicing the spinning without getting dizzy first before practicing the tricks". "You're right" admitted Dawn. So Dawn decided to have Piplup practice his spinning. But poor Piplup ended up dizzy in the end; poor Piplup was having trouble on his first day of contest training.

Meanwhile Team Rocket was doing some planning of where to get great pokemon for Giovanni. "Okay so which pokemon should we collect first for the boss?" asked Meowth. "Personally we should gather up a flock of Starly" said James. "Starly?" said Jessie. James should the others a picture of Starly and its evolved forms Staravia and Staraptor. "Mmm I like the look of Staraptor" said Jessie. "Staraptor is one of the fiercest flying pokemon next to Fearow" said James. "Well let's make Starly our first capture" said Meowth. "Okay then," said James "I'll use my Roserade and Vileplume to lure out Starly and Jessie you use Weavile and Cloyster to knock them out with an ice type move". Jessie liked the idea and the trio went to go to work.