Chapter 121-125

Chapter 121

Meeting Cynthia,

Training day 2

And the electric training camp

Today the gang were watching something very special on TV at a pokemon center. Lucien was battling the Sinnoh champion Cynthia. He was using his Bronzong and Cynthia was using a pokemon called Garchomp. Garchomp was a navy blue, red and yellow dragon and ground type pokemon. Lucien ordered Bronzong to use flash cannon and it hit Garchomp. But Garchomp was fine like the attack did nothing to it at all. It was obvious that Cynthia and her pokemon were very strong; in fact they seemed very impossible to beat. Then Garchomp tackled Bronzong with giga impact and Bronzong fainted at once. The gang didn't take their eyes off the match even for a second.

Suddenly the gang heard some kids in the lobby that Cynthia was at a park called Amity Square. The kids decided to go over to Amity Square and see Cynthia and the gang decided to go too.

Cynthia was standing at some ancient ruins in Amity Square she was a beautiful woman with long blonde hair. The gang was surprised to see Cynthia in person and so were the other kids. Suddenly a familiar face turned up; it was Paul. "Hey Paul," said Ash "surprised to see you here. You here to see Cynthia too?" "If you must know, I'm here to battle her" said Paul. That caught Ash by surprise, and before he could say anything Paul walked up to Cynthia and asked her for a pokemon battle. The kids were surprised that Paul asked the champion for a battle, but they were more surprised that Cynthia agreed to battle Paul. They started saying rude things like Paul didn't stand a chance or Paul was crazy. "You think Paul will be alright Ash?" asked Tomo. "Paul is the type of guy who likes to battle real tough opponents," said Ash "we'll just wait and see what happens". Ash had a feeling though Paul was going to get defeated very quickly.

Paul and Cynthia took their places to get ready to battle and Paul asked for a six on six pokemon battle. Cynthia sent out her Garchomp.

Ash looked at Garchomp on his pokedex: Garchomp, the mach pokemon. It is said that when one runs at high speed, its wings create blades of wind that can fell nearby trees.

Paul sent out his Chimchar to battle first. The kids knew that Garchomp was a dragon and ground type pokemon and that Chimchar, a fire type, didn't stand a chance against it. "What a lame choice" said one. "He has no brains at all" said another. Paul started off by telling Chimchar to use fire spin. While Garchomp was trapped in a fiery cyclone, Chimchar dug underground. Garchomp used dig too and tackled Chimchar out of the ground. Chimchar fainted at once and Paul returned him. "You should be ashamed" he said angrily. Cynthia and Ash frowned at what Paul said. Paul sent out a Weavile to battle next. "That's more like it," said Brock "an ice type like Weavile has the advantage of dragon types". Paul told his Weavile to use blizzard and Garchomp got hit by it. But the attack did nothing to Garchomp at all. "Oh man," said Ash "that Garchomp is even strong to withstand ice type attacks. I think that even Lance and Drake would have trouble defeating it". Brock, Tomo and Dawn agreed with Ash's comment. Garchomp moved next with dragon rush. Paul ordered Weavile to use ice beam, but Garchomp dodged it and tackled Weavile hard. Weavile fainted at once. Paul returned Weavile and sent out a Murkrow next. Ash was seeing more of Paul's pokemon by the time. Paul told Murkrow to use haze and Garchomp was surrounded by the smokescreen. "Now sky attack" Paul commanded to Murkrow. While Murkrow charged with sky attack, Garchomp charged with giga impact. The two pokemon collided with each other and of course Murkrow fainted from the attack.

So now Paul only had three pokemon left and Cynthia still only had one and Garchomp didn't have one scratch. It was then Paul started to smile. "What's Paul smiling about?" asked Dawn. "When trainers smile like that," said Ash "that sometimes means that the trainer is about to call out his best and strongest pokemon. I know because I've seen trainers do that before". Paul's fourth pokemon was a Torterra.