Chapter 116-120

Chapter 116

Meeting Benny,

The Floaroma Contest

And the Valley Windworks

Next day Ash and Dawn were training for the pokemon contest. Dawn had decided to use Pachirisu and Piplup this time. Ash wasn't sure but he did plan to use Budew, just not sure who else. Dawn had a practice with her Pachirisu; it knew bide, charm, quick attack, spark, sweet kiss and discharge. Tomo had his Electrike to help Dawn's Pachirisu and his Pachirisu to control their discharge attack. Tomo's Pachirisu knew the same attacks Dawn's Pachirisu knew but he also had the egg move bite. "Thanks for helping me with this Tomo" said Dawn. "No problem," said Tomo "remember I have a Pachirisu too that needs more practicing". As the Pachirisus were new, they had catching up to do if they wanted to be strong like the other problems.

Suddenly Dawn's Smoochum egg what Brock had been holding onto started to glow. "Dawn it's time for your egg to hatch" said Brock. The gang went to the pokemon center, and with Nurse Joy's help the baby Smoochum hatched safely from the egg. Dawn was awestruck with how cute her Smoochum was and picked her up at once to hug her. "I so have to call my mum about this" she said, and ran to a phone at once with Smoochum. "Well Dawn's happy with her new pokemon" said Ash. "Yeah and no doubt she'll want to use Smoochum in a contest soon" said Brock.

After the hatching of Smoochum and Dawn introducing Smoochum and Pachirisu to Johanna, it was time to get back to training. But then a red-brown boy round Dawn's age walked up to the gang. "Hi Dee-Dee" he said to Dawn. "Kenny is that you?" gasped Dawn. "That's right Dee-Dee" said Kenny. "Stop calling me that already" said Dawn, crossly. The boys were confused by Dawn being called Dee-Dee by Kenny. Ash, Brock and Tomo introduced themselves to Kenny. Kenny remembered seeing Ash on TV in the Hoenn and Kanto contests and grand festivals, and even saw him win the Jubilife City. "So Ash you entering this contest too?" asked Kenny. "Yep," answered Ash "and I've decided to go with Staravia and Budew". "So Dawn are you travelling with these guys?" asked Kenny. "That I am" said Dawn. Kenny explained he was entering pokemon contests too. He entered his first contest some time ago but he lost in the finals against Zoey and her Glameow; it was where she won her first ribbon. "I've got to say Ash you did great against Zoey and her Glameow, I had trouble trying to beat her" said Kenny. "Pikachu and I have learnt tricks for battles for the past three years" said Ash.

While everyone had drinks at a café Dawn explained to the others that Kenny and her knew each other since nursery school, and have been friends ever since because he lives in Twinleaf Town too. And Kenny left to become a pokemon trainer a few months before she did. Kenny noticed Dawn's Piplup and realized that Dawn chose Piplup. He revealed his starter pokemon was Piplup but it was a Prinplup now and released it.

Ash looked at Prinplup on his pokedex: Prinplup, the penguin pokemon. The evolved form of Piplup. It lives a solitary life. Its wings deliver wicked blows that can snap even the thickest of trees.

"Wow so my Piplup will evolve to that too" said Ash. He explained to Kenny of his Piplup and how he caught it back in Kanto. Dawn's Piplup tried to make friends with Piplup, but it wouldn't acknowledge it. Dawn wasn't happy with that, and Kenny explained it had only opened up to him at the moment. "That's penguin pokemon for you," said Ash "they are the proud, stubborn and spoilt type".

Next Kenny ended up telling funny stories about Dawn back in nursery school. Once she cut her hair herself and she looked like a Chimchar in the end, then while performing in a play Dawn was dressed as a Slowpoke and she sneeze so loud that she fell off a rock she sat on and created a mess, then one day she appeared in her pyjamas and had two non-matched shoes on. The boys, Pikachu, Growlithe and Piplup thought it was very funny. This of course made Dawn mad at Kenny and wished to battle him to prove what she could do. But Kenny didn't want to battle Dawn; he wanted to battle Ash and his Pikachu. Dawn thought Kenny was being a coward but decided to let him have his way; besides she knew that Ash would defeat Kenny easily because of how strong Pikachu was.