Chapter 91-95

Chapter 91

The Big Lake,

Lavender Contest

And the Battle Dome

The gang was on the way to Lavender Town for the next pokemon contest. Ash couldn't wait to get to Lavender Town; going to Lavender Town meant he could see his old friend Ken again. Right now they had come to a big lake. "Wow what a lake," said Tomo "I bet a lot of water pokemon are living here". "There are," said Ash "I saw this lake on the computer some time ago and it says we are allowed to fish here. Oh but there people who look after this lake, so we'll have to let them know that we are here and ask them if it's all right". "I see a cabin there," said Brock, pointing to a wooden cabin, "so the people who look after the lake must be there".

The gang went up to the cabin and knocked on the door. An old woman and a young woman opened the door and greeted the gang. The young woman was named Tiffany and the old woman was Tiffany's grandmother Galea. Ash asked Tiffany and Galea if they could fish in the lake. "Of course," said Tiffany "trainers are always welcome to fish here, and they are also welcome to train their pokemon. Just don't cause any damage or go crazy with capturing pokemon. We had some troublesome trainers here before and they upset the pokemon around here a lot". "Don't you worry," said Brock "we've trained around lakes before and we have always been careful". Tiffany and Galea were happy to hear that. "Maybe one of you trainers will be lucky enough to catch the Masquerain" said Galea. Galea explained that a wild Masquerain lived around the lake and she said that this Masquerain was something special. "It knows the move hydro pump, psybeam and signal beam". "Whoa hydro pump and psybeam must be egg moves because they can't normally learn those moves" said Max. Ash thought this Masquerain would make an excellent member for his pokemon team. "Many trainers have tried to capture it," said Tiffany "but that Masquerain defeats their pokemon no matter what type they use. No capturing it won't be easy". "Well you kids enjoy yourselves," said Galea "and tell us if you need anything".

And so the gang settled down near the lake. "This is a good chance to train my new Metapod and help it evolve to Butterfree" said May. May's Caterpie evolved into Metapod just after May won the Silver Town contest. "Hey Ash could can I borrow your Blastoise? I want it to help train Squirtle". "Of course" said Ash. Ash had Blastoise with him and gave Blastoise's pokeball to May. Tomo decided to train his Pidgey and his new Natu; he hadn't started on training Natu yet. Brock and Max decided to check out the lake for water pokemon together and Ash decided to look for the Masquerain and catch it. "Are you sure about that Ash?" asked Brock "Tiffany said it may be impossible to catch". "Yep that Masquerain will be perfect for my pokemon team," said Ash, "and I have the perfect pokeball for it. He took out a blue-green and black marked pokeball from his pocket. "Hey that's a net ball;" said Max "that's used to capture water and bug type pokemon. Where did you get that Ash?" "I got it just before Tomo, Brock and I left Hoenn," said Ash "and since Masquerain is a bug type I shall use this for Masquerain". He and Pikachu decided to go off together, leaving the others, to find the Masquerain.

With Brock and Max watching the lake and May's Eevee egg, and Ash going off to find Masquerain May and Tomo got ready to train at once. Tomo went to some trees and called out his Natu and Pidgey. Even though Natu was a baby, she already knew some good moves; she knew peck, leer, night shade, teleport and the egg moves drill peck and quick attack. "Okay Natu you and Pidgey are going to train together today," said Tomo "Pidgey I need you to help Natu with quick attack and teach her steel wing and air cutter". Pidgey had learnt steel wing and air cutter from Ash's Pidgeot, and now Pidgey will be the teacher for Natu. Natu couldn't fly well because her wings were too small, but she could still learn air cutter and steel wing.

May was by some trees too and she called out her Metapod. "Okay Metapod, lets help you evolve to Butterfree," she said "and once you are a Butterfree you can enter the pokemon contests with me". Metapod wanted to evolve to Butterfree and be in pokemon contests and wanted to train right away. "We'll train with Squirtle; he'll be perfect for this" said May. So she released her Squirtle and they got ready to train Metapod.