Chapter 11-15

Celadon city, Hop Town and Scissor Street

Ash and company were now in a city called Celadon City. Before they arrived in Celadon City, they ran into a Mankey that liked to pick fights. Ash liked Mankey's fighting spirit and decided to catch it. Mankey put up quite a fight though; even though Ash was using Pidgeotto, as flying beats fighting, Mankey did not give up. Then Mankey evolved into a Primeape. Primeape turned out to be stronger than it was as a Mankey. But Ash didn't give up; he commanded Pidgeotto to use sky attack and that worked. Then Ash captured Primeape and was happy to have it on his team. Now they were having a nice break in Celadon City.

As they were having a break, Brock and Misty smelled a nice scent in the air. "Hey its perfume," said Misty "I'm going to check it out". "So am I," said Brock "where there is perfume, there is beautiful girls around". And Brock and Misty rushed off. Ash didn't mind perfume; his mum kept perfume all the time, although he couldn't understand why women were always so excited about it. "Oh well," he said to himself "everyone has something they like". Just then he thought of something. "Hey my mum's birthday is coming up. And since she likes perfume I will get her some for a present".

Ash went to the perfume store, where Misty was trying out different sorts of perfume. He entered the store and had a good look at the perfumes. "Which one would mum like?" he whispered "I think I would need to ask for some help". "May I help you?" said a voice behind him. Ash turned round and saw a woman in a kimono behind him. "Actually you can help," said Ash "you see I wish to buy some perfume for my mum because it's her birthday soon, as she likes perfume. But I really don't know that much about perfume". The woman smiled. "You're a nice boy," she said "I will gladly help. Now what does your mum like?" "Gardening," replied Ash "she loves doing that". "Then you need a perfume with garden scents". She turned to the ladies that were helping Misty. "Please help this nice boy with the perfumes of garden scents". The ladies looked at Ash and helped him right away. They showed all sorts of garden scented perfumes. Ash sniffed them one by one, until he finally found the one he was looking for. "I would like the wild flower garden perfume please," he said "it smells just like mum's garden". He brought the perfume, thanked the ladies and left the store. "I like that boy," said one of the ladies. "So do I," said another "not only is he cute, but a real sweetie". Then the ladies went back to work.

Ash sent the perfume to his mother by post and went to find Celadon Gym. Celadon Gym looked like a giant green house and the roof was in a design of the petals of a Gloom. When Ash was inside he saw flowers and trees everywhere. "Since Celadon Gym uses grass type pokemon," he said "it's no wonder that this gym is more like a greenhouse". He saw a lady at a reception desk and asked her if he could battle the gym leader. "Of course," said the lady "I'll take you to Erika right now".

The lady led Ash to where the gym battlefield was. Not only was the room filled with trees, flowers and grass, it was also filled with grass pokemon. Ash saw an Oddish and its two evolutionary forms, Gloom and Vileplume, Bellsprout and its two evolutionary forms, Weepinbell and Victreebel, Exeggcute and its evolved form Exeggutor and Tangela. Ash even saw a Bulbasur and its two evolutionary forms Ivysaur and Venusaur. Ash even saw Misty and Brock with the ladies that worked at the perfume store. "Erika," said the lady "this boy wishes to battle you". "Welcome" said a blue haired lady, who was Erika. Ash gasped a bit. "You're the lady who helped me with the perfumes" said Ash. "Ah I remember you," said Erika with a smile "I take it you are here to challenge me then?" "Yes I am," said Ash "I'm Ash by the way". "Well Ash," said Erika "as the perfume store manager and Celadon City's gym leader, I accept your challenge".

Ash and Erika went to the battlefield. "This will be a battle between Erika the gym leader and Ash Ketchum the challenger," said Erika's assistant "this will also be three vs three pokemon battle. Whoever knocks out the most pokemon first wins". Brock, Misty, Pikachu and the ladies were watching from the side lines. Some of the grass pokemon were watching too. "Okay," said Erika "Tangela go!" What looked a bush of vines, with two big eyes came out of Erika's pokeball.