Chapter 31-35

The Forest, Cherrygrove City

and Catallia City

The gang were walking through a big forest. "This forest is so beautiful," said Misty "it's very green and nothing wrong at all". "Uh actually there is" said Brock, pointing to some trees. Some trees in the forest looked dead. "What happened to these trees?" asked Ash. "I don't know," said Brock "I mean they don't look burned or diseased and it's not autumn yet".

Just then Tomo noticed something. "Hey look at that" he said, pointing to a big tree. The tree had some big, dark blue beetles on it and they were sucking tree sap. There was also some Butterfree beside them. Misty started to freak out because they were bug pokemon.

"The blue pokemon are Heracross" said Ash and looked them up on the pokedex: Heracross, the single horn pokemon. Though gentle and docile, Heracross possesses great strength and power. Its favourite food is the fresh sap of leafy trees.

"Do you think they're the ones who killed the trees?" asked Tomo. "No I don't think the Heracross and Butterfree are responsible," said Ash "I mean it's natural for bug pokemon to eat tree sap, and the bug pokemon also help trees grow". "You're right Ash," said Brock "I think something is going on in this forest". "Something is going on in this forest" said a voice.

The voice belonged to a middle aged man, with a beard, in a ranger outfit. "I'm Woodruff" said the man "and I'm a ranger of this forest". The gang introduced themselves to Woodruff. "So what is going on in this forest Woodruff?" asked Brock. "The bug pokemon Pinsir is what's going on," said Woodruff "you see this forest belongs to Heracross and Butterfree and Pinsir have their own forest too. But recently something has been driving the Pinsir to move from their forest to this forest. Pinsir eat tree sap too and they have been sucking sap from these trees. If I don't stop the Pinsir and send them back to their forest, well I fear this forest could end up destroyed".

The gang decided that they should do something about this before things got worse. Even Misty agreed to help; even though she doesn't like bug pokemon, she still wouldn't like to see a forest destroyed. Woodruff led the way to the forest where the Pinsir lived, and to their surprise a Heracross was following them. "What does that Heracross want?" asked Misty. "I don't know," said Brock "but let's just keep on going". They came to a rope bridge, across a gorge, that would take them to the Pinsir forest, but it was broken. "That's strange," said Woodruff "this rope bridge was fine when I was here yesterday. Hmm I fear that who or what ever caused the Pinsir to leave their, doesn't want us to enter the Pinsir's forest". Just then the Heracross, that was following the group, pushed a tree that was close to the rope bridge, and the tree landed across the gorge. The group used the tree to get across safe and sound.

When they reached the Pinsir's territory, they suddenly noticed something in a tree. It was a Pinsir, but bigger. "Do Pinsir grow that big?" asked Misty, a little scared. "No they don't," said Woodruff "besides that Pinsir isn't even real. That's a robot Pinsir and it is sucking out the tree sap from that tree". "But who would build something like that?" asked Ash.

Suddenly a man came out of the tree and was laughing. "It was clever of me to build this machine," he said to himself "with all this sap that I'm collecting, I'll be rich after selling". Woodruff stepped forward, looking very cross. "You will be in jail too!" he shouted "how dare you use nature for a selfish reason". "That's right!" shouted Ash "because of you the balance of nature is in trouble". "So what?" smirked the man "as long as this stuff makes me money, nothing else matters". The man threw five pokeballs and five Beedrill came out of them. "Attack them" he commanded. Ash and Tomo had Pikachu and Growlithe attack the Beedrill with thunderbolt and flamethrower. Then Misty had her Gloom attack the robot Pinsir with solar beam. The man tried to get away with all the sap he collected, but he got stopped by the wild Pinsir. Woodruff tied the man up with rope. "You're under arrest for sabotaging a forest" he said.