Chapter 11

“Louis” Navishaa noted softly as she spotted the half asleep look that lit the footballer’s face. He’d been with her for hours and she knew he had to get back before his curfew if he stood any chance in playing the game the following day. Louis jumped slightly at the sound of her voice, but settled when he felt the weight of his son cuddled against his chest, a sensation that made him smile. Navishaa smiled at him too for a moment before she took Oscar into her arms. “Wayne’s been calling for about twenty minutes” she noted as the infant yawned slightly. Louis sat up and took his phone into his hand, his eyes widening at the time.

“I have to go” he mumbled softly as he wrapped his jacket around his shoulders. Navishaa nodded her head. “When can I come by again?” he enquired as he placed his hand on Oscar’s head. The sleepy baby let out a small whimper under his father’s touch before moving closer to his mother’s chest to sleep. Louis smiled at him softly before placing a kiss to his head. “Any time you’d like” she whimpered lightly.

Part of her wanted to place a kiss against Louis’s lips, but the other part told her it was stupid. The situation remained the same and there was nothing that could be done to change it, he was still in Manchester and she still didn’t want to leave.

Louis saw the slight glow in her eyes and smiled softly, leaning towards her slightly. “The game tomorrow” he mumbled “I would like for you and Oscar to be there” he suggested. If he was honest, he didn’t really care if it was at a game or not, he just wanted them around him some more. Navishaa furrowed her eyebrows together. “I know you hate everything that United stand for, I know that you hate the idea that I play for them, but it would mean a lot to me if you could bring my little boy to see me play one of the biggest games of my career” he explained to her softly.

He wanted Oscar to love the game like he did and that meant putting him around it as much as it was possible to. Navishaa merely sighed once more making Louis shake his head. “He’ll love it” he insisted “And if he doesn’t then I have no problem with you going, just, please, give it a try” he pleaded with her. Navishaa took in a breath and conceded, offering him a soft smile. She could see how much it meant to him and knew it was cruel to refuse it.

Louis’s face grew bright as his phone beeped in his pocket once more. “I really have to go now” he mumbled as he checked the screen. Curfew was in twenty minutes and Navishaa’s home was at least twice that from the hotel. Navishaa smiled at him “Then go” she grinned making him chuckle as he placed another kiss to Oscar’s head. “Bye little man” he whispered before his eyes met with hers. The brunette turned her stare from his bashfully and peered down at her feet. Louis merely tipped her chin back, pressing a short kiss against her mouth. “Don’t say anything” he smiled as he pulled away “I know you wanted me too” he chuckled as he moved towards the door. Navishaa shook her head at him slightly before she closed the door behind him, fretting slightly about what the next day would bring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Come on boys, get a move on” The booming voice of Sir Alex Ferguson couldn’t be mistaken as it echoed the next morning, causing the boys to jolt out of their beds. They knew why he was so worked up, a derby for the club was the biggest game of their season and the fact it was a cup final hadn’t helped the Scotsman’s mood, it’d made him much worse the usual. Louis placed a hand to his head slightly as he shuffled out from beneath the covers, a sense of nervousness gnawing at his stomach. He’d played in a final for Doncaster once, but he’d only been young and really couldn’t remember it, hence why he was so nervous about the game later that day, he had no idea what to expect from the game. Wayne, who’d switched rooms with Shinji, smiled at his strike partner softly. “You’ll be fine” he assured as he moved towards the bathroom “Just play as well as we all know you can and there won’t be an issue” he added before the door slammed shut. Louis smiled slightly at his words before he moved to grab a clean team polo from his suitcase. He wanted to see if Navishaa was around.

Smiling as he moved through one of the lower floors, Louis’s blue eyes gleamed at the sight of them, glad that she had Oscar as well as being present herself. She wasn’t dressed to be working, she was dressed to go to a game and it made him smile slightly as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. “I’m glad you’re here” he mumbled softly as he placed his head on her shoulder.

Navishaa gave a small shiver as the stubble coated skin of his cheek brushed against her own. “Only for a moment or two” she responded “I got the afternoon off for your game” she smiled at him. Louis giggled slightly before he turned her to look at him, his heart racing slightly at the sight of her lightly colour eyes. “I’m glad you can come” he whispered softly. He had worried that she would merely make an excuse not to make it.

She smiled “For Oscar” she mumbled “He’s never seen his daddy play before” Louis merely nodded his head before he heard Sir Alex’s voice again. “I have to go” he stuttered hurriedly. He knew his boss wouldn’t approve of his fraternizing with family when he was supposed to be concentrated. “Good luck then” Navishaa noted as she watched him walk away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was only a few hours before Navishaa found herself at Wembley, her face bowed low as the other fans wandered past. She didn’t like the feel of the place, being there for anyone other than Doncaster felt wrong, but still she knew she would go ahead with it, for Louis’s sake at least. Bouncing Oscar against her slightly, she moved towards the security guard who stood ahead of the VIP entrance, his eyes scanning the checklist. “Name?” he enquired quickly. Navishaa sighed “Navishaa Marie and Oscar” she noted. The bouncer gave a quick check to the list before a polite smile lit his face. “Mr Tomlinson asked me to give you these” he said as he placed two passes in her hand “And told me to tell you when you get there to talk to Coleen, she’s going to look after you” he explained before letting her pass through the doors.

Navishaa merely smiled a small smile before stopping for a second, contemplating what she’d let herself in for.