Chapter 9

Watching as Navishaa made her way inside, Louis felt a slight smile light his face, admiring just how perfect she was with Oscar in her arms. Wayne, who still sat on the striker’s bed, moved to his feet, offering his most polite smile to the girl who seemed content to play with his friend’s emotions. He didn’t like it, the way she seemed content toying with Louis like it was clear she was, but Wayne wouldn’t say a word. It wasn’t his place to speak. Making a move towards her, he placed his hand out.

“You must be  Navishaa ” he grinned softly making Louis look at him slightly. He had already figured out that Wayne wasn’t her biggest fan.  Navishaa merely smiled in return “Yup, and you are Wayne Rooney” she said politely “It’s a honour to meet someone like you” she smiled lightly. The striker nodded his head before he moved towards the door “I’ll leave you to it Lou” he smiled softly. Louis nodded his head in thanks before he closed the door behind the Englishman and turned his gaze to face Navishaa  once more.

The brunette sighed softly as she sat down upon the striker’s bed, her arms still cradling Oscar as she watched Louis’s eyes. He looked so nervous, almost as if he was afraid to speak and she felt for him, after all it was her fault he was in the position he was. “You can hold him if you like” she suggested meekly “He’s sleeping right now so he should be alright” she smiled lightly. Louis merely watched her, too in awe to contemplate speaking let alone moving to take Oscar from her arms. She sighed softly.

“I’m sorry for earlier” she whimpered “What I said was harsh and out of line. It was heat of the moment, my mother shouldn’t have left him with you” she whispered. It was harsh, but true, Lisa had had no right to leave Oscar with him, not without  Navishaa  knowing at least. Louis’s face creased slightly as he took a step forwards.

“You’re right” he mused “She shouldn’t have left him with me, he should have been with me regardless” he explained.  Navishaa looked up at him, a frown creasing her otherwise pretty features slightly, “He’s my son, a part of me. Your mother shouldn’t have been watching him as you worked, I should have been, but you were to selfish to even tell me he existed” he spat.  Navishaa  merely turned her face away guiltily, knowing that even contemplating fighting his accusations were futile. She was in the wrong and there could be no two ways about it.

“You’re not going to say anything?” he exclaimed tiredly. He wanted to know why she’d done it, why she’d hidden his first born child from him from the day he’d been born. “What do you want me to say?” she exclaimed in return, flinching slightly as Oscar let out a small cry.

Louis diverted his eyes to the small form of the infant and sighed softly, moving to  Navishaa’s side. The little boy gave another short cry, but as soon as Louis’s hand landed softly on his head, he silenced, smiling his small dimply smile. Louis smiled softly too, admiring him with a sense of awe.

“He’s a lot like you” Navishaa whispered softly “Even though he’s only little, he acts like you already. He’s got a cheesy sense of humour” she noted. Louis spared a light laugh, recalling the joke he’d told to Navishaa the first night he’d met her. It’d been truly awful but it had been the reason she’d agreed to go on a date with him the following night. She’d said it was endearing. “He loves to watch football already” she said. She’d left him once in the living room of her home in front of the television only to find him smiling his head off at the game she’d left on when she’d come back. Louis smirked, ruffling the little boy’s tufts of brown hair

“That’s my boy” he laughed making her smile as she turned her head to look at him.

“I’m sorry about not telling you” she whispered softly. The words were difficult to even think of, let alone to vocalize, but she knew she had to say them, it simply had to be done. Louis watched her softly, lifting Oscar’s small body against his own. “It was selfish of me not to even let you know I was pregnant and then to exclude from his life thus far, I just wasn’t thinking straight. I was hurting and blinded by my own stupid petty bitterness” she whispered, a small tear gracing the corner of her eye.

Louis wrapped an arm around her waist, offering her a slight reassuring smile. “It was stupid of me to think that I could just exclude you from his life, even more so to think that it was the right thing to do. I just don’t want to get hurt again and I don’t want Oscar to be hurt either, he’s my whole world Louis, everything I do, I do because of him” she explained.

The tears were in full flow now down her cheeks, even he had one in his eye as he watched her. He’d always hated it when she cried, even when it was tears of happiness, crying just wasn’t good for her.

Sighing softly, he smiled at her, wiping her cheek softly with his thumb. “I know you didn’t do it to hurt me Navishaa, I know that you could never do that” he whispered lightly. The brunette merely stared at him before she spoke once more.

“I’m so sorry” she whimpered softly “You missed so much and it is all my fault. I am so sorry I kept you out of such precious moments. You missed his first breaths and that is my fault” she whimpered softly as she moved towards the door. She was staring to become hysterical and all Louis wanted to do was soothe her, it hurt him to watch her get so worked up.

Placing Oscar down against his pillow, he moved towards her, cupping her cheeks slightly making her look into his eyes. “Calm down now Navi, it’s alright” he assured her softly, but she merely shook her head. “N…no it isn’t” she panted breathlessly “I made you miss your baby’s birth, I’m so horrid” she explained, but Louis shook his head. “You were hurt, I hurt you, you were merely doing what you thought was right” he whispered softly.

Navishaa watched his blue eyes softly, calming herself down. “I’m sorry” she whispered again making him laugh slightly. “Stop saying it, I know you are and you’re forgiven just as long as I can be in his life from now on” he whispered lightly. His eyes had become entranced with hers, just like they had always used to. Navishaa bit down on her lip slightly, noting the intense stare in his eyes, and nodded her head. “Of course, I wouldn’t keep you away any longer” she conceded.

Louis merely smiled softly for a brief moment before he kissed her slowly, catching her off guard slightly.