chapter thirty one

"Elena, my love," Victor greeted softly, kissing me sweetly.

He used my actual name. He normally just calls me Darling.

I squinted at him suspiciously.

What is he up to? What does he want?

"Victor," I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Who is this Elena you speak of? I don't seem to recall."

"Darling," he sighed.

"That's me!" I giggled. "Yes, my spicy cinnamon roll?"

"I have something to ask of you..." he whispered, his hands resting lightly on my hips.

"And that is?" I hummed.

"Will you wear my ring?" he asked tenderly.

What does he mean by that?

He sounds so worried.

What's going on?

"Huh?" I uttered. "What do you mean?"

"Will you be my wife?" he reiterated.

He looks scared. No, not scared. That's not the right word. Nervous? Yeah, that sounds right.

He looks nervous. Really nervous.

"Why wouldn't I?" I breathed out. "I mean, I'm already stuck with you for the rest of my life. Aren't I?"

"Is that a yes?" he inquired, his eyes filling up with so much happiness and excitement.

"Definitely!" I grinned before pressing my lips to his. "That is definitely a yes!"

        I happily stared at the ring on my finger.

It's dark silver and has a small purple gem on it.

I'm not used to wearing jewelry.

When I just started being Little Flame, if I ever wore any kind of jewelry it would always end up either breaking or flying off while practicing.

I'm pretty sure that the main reason for that was all of the jewelry I wore was too loose.

"Is that what I think it is?" Jack mused as he lifted my left arm.

Is there something on my arm?

Or does he mean the ring?

He probably means the ring.

"I don't know," I smirked. "What do you think it is?"

"Well, it's a ring," he mumbled. "And it's on your left ring finger."

"Indeed, it is," I giggled. "Good observations."

I can feel the excitement rushing through my veins.

"Could it possibly be an-" Jack was cut off.

"It's an engagement ring," Victor deadpanned, pride shining in his eyes. "I gave it to her."

"Who else could have given it to me?" I breathed out in a huffing manner. "It's not like I would accept anyone else's marriage proposal but yours."

Victor and I just stared into each other's eyes, not speaking after my retort.

"Okay you two," Jack sighed, causing Victor and I to break eye contact and look at him instead. "There are other people in this room. Stop making googly eyes at each other here and get a room."

We were making googly eyes?

What do googly eyes even look like?

"Don't tempt me," Victor smirked, bringing me to him by my waist.