Thirty Two

Two chapters left until the end D: NOOOOOOOO! *cries*

Anyways, *clears throat* here you go guys, another chapter for you to devour :3

I don't have much to say here... Hmmm... I think my creativity is running out o.o Let's hope not or you'll get no more stories and I'll get no more readers and comments votes and... Noooooo! >.<

Anyways, again *clears throat* I think I'm feeling quite dramatic today... Let me know what you think alright? ^^

Hope you enjoy,

-> Desyre

Daniel

                I went down the stairs, straining to listen for sounds and voices. I wasn’t doing anything bad but I somehow felt like I was, sneaking around like this. The worst was that I was in my own fucking house. I was sneaking around in my own home. Home. I sighed thinking about how this place had become my home. It still felt like home but the two wonderful people that had made it feel like one to me were rarely around, and barely even talked to me. I didn’t even know how Nate’s last swimming competition had gone. I wasn’t invited or even told about it. It just happened that on the last day of school before spring break I went down to find the house eerily silent and found on the table by the elevator in the living room a little note that said Nate and Claire would be back by Sunday night. I could do nothing more than stare at the piece of paper like an idiot.

                It was already Wednesday, there was only about four days left of spring break, and I felt like I was still in school. What was the difference really? Classes and homework didn’t stress me, Nate being so awkward about me, and Claire not talking to me? That stressed the fuck right out of me, and I had that right here in the house, so taking a break from school really didn’t help much. It just meant that I was locked in my house with both Claire and Nate and nothing else to do, but stare at each other and share the awkwardness. I felt like I was always walking on eggshells, even in my own damn house, as I proved when a soft sound from behind me managed to make me jump about fifty feet into the air. I turned at the sound and standing there right behind me, clearly coming from the living room, was Nate. He looked at me with a frown, like I was a very complex chemical equation that he couldn’t seem to decipher.

“What are you doing?” Nate asked me.

“I was going to go to the kitchen to eat something.” I said feeling nervous with Nate standing right there in front of me.

                We hadn’t had a normal conversation in a while now, even before he went and yelled that he’d forget me. It was part of why I hadn’t told him about me being in love with him yet, because he’d been acting weird and it set me on edge. I wanted to sigh but suppressed the urge. I wished that I’d have told him even if I was on edge and he was acting weird, at least then I’d have told him and maybe he’d have told me yes, but now, now I spent my days wondering who was this other guy that Nate liked. What was he like? Was he tall like me? Muscly? Skinny? Blond? Blue eyes? Who was this person? I was always watching, keeping an eye out in case I noticed someone being close to Nate, but I hadn’t noticed anything yet, which was frustrating to say the least.

“You looked like you were sneaking around.” Nate said his frown deepening, his eyebrows almost touching each other in the middle.