Chapter 20

"thank you for inviting me over." James said politely.

"oh no problem sweetie I'm glad to see you and Faith dating again." Mom said

I shot her daggers. "were aren't dating." I said quietly

"Faith can I talk to you in the living room?" my mom asked.

"mom he knows about me being Kayla."

"ok well Kayla can I see you in the living room?" she asked

I did as I was told.

"why aren't you dating him? I herd you already turned down Kevin." she snapped.

"cause..... I can't just force him to ask me out. Give it time mother." I said softly. I didn't like what was about to happen.

I walked back into the kitchen and sat next to James.

"do you wanna go outside and eat? I'm afraid if we stay in here my mom will do something." I whispered to James.

He smiled "I like your mom. She thinks we should be together." he smirked.

I pushed him playfully.

"whatever." he laughed.

We stared eating and laughing and talking about random stuff about half way threw dinner the door bell rang.

I let out a huff and went to get it.

I opened the door to see Tyler staring back at me.

"what are you doing here?" I asked quietly

" I came to see you." I pushed him out side a little to make him hurry then stepped out side and closed the door behind me.

".... Listen......I really don't know how to put this but....-"

"you like James. Not me." he said

" no, I do like James and I do like you too but I'm not allowed to see you anymore....... Your ...bad for my image." I looked down at the ground. This was hurting me bad but I was afraid my mom would hurt him more than what I was doing now.

"....uuhhh if that's how you fell. I'll leave you alone." he said quietly then backed away.

He got in his car and drove off.

A small tear escaped my eye. I could tell he was hurt and that killed me. But I quickly wiped the tear away and walked inside.

" who was it?" my mom asked

" no one important." I sighed " I'm going to my room. Sorry James."

" oh no it's fine I should probably be going anyways." he smiled then told everyone 'bye' including Lizzie.

I went up stairs exhausted and fell alseep.

*************

I know I know it's really short. I'll try and upload a longer one quickly.

Well u know the drill

Comment vote and all that good stuff