chapter 25

When we pulled up to the beach James opened to door for me and grabbed my hand. I smiled.

“ready baby girl?” he asked

I smiled and nodded. He led me down to the beach. we set everything up then sat down.

We decided to just grab ice cream and go out to the beach. I changed out of my dorkie outfit and put on something more beach appropriate. I planned to swim today even if I had  to drag James down there.

“thanks for my ice cream.”  Told James while licking it off the cone. I had cookie dough ice cream and James had cookies and cream. I smiled and leaned over and licked James’ ice cream. “Yummie.” He laughed  he held it to my mouth so I could get more. Laughed and licked it again “thanks. Want some?” I asked referring to mine. He nodded. I held mine up for him to lick. As he was licking the ice cream I pushed it a little bit so it got on his lips. “whoops… let me get that for ya,” I said slyly. I leaned over and licked the ice cream off his lips. I smirked at his shocked expression. “that’s better.” I laughed at his shocked expression.

“what the heck was that baby girl?” he laughed

“you had ice cream on your lips so I got it off. Is that a problem?’

“heck no!” he laughed

“good.” Leaned over and kissed him. I pulled away then finished my ice cream. “wanna go swim?”

“in 15 minutes.” He smiled “we just ate.”

“James, that’s a stupid rule.”

“baby girl its better to wait and be safe then take a risk.” I sighed.

We sat in silence but it wasn’t a bad silence it was the good kind the kind that gives you time to think.

Suddenly James jumped up and was running full speed at the water. I watched him confused. Its only been 5 minutes. He jumped I and was swimming fast. Where is he going. I followed the direction that his body was going in. I gasped as my eyes landed on a guy was out pretty far  out, flapping his arms tryng to stay above water.  My heart started beating faster it was pounding against my chest. By now the rest of the people on the beach had noticed what was going on too.  A huge crowed gathered at the shore line. I jumped up and ran in the water til it was at my knees. James reached the guy right as he went under. James pulled and struggled to hold the guy. He was a bigger guy  so Im sure he was heavy . James got closer still trying his hardest  to get this man to shore. When James got to water that was about to his waste more men ran out and helped him. They grabbed the guy and pulled him to shore. I watched the guy as they passed. He looked lifeless I ran out to James who was breathing hard. I hugged him tight. I pulled back and looked at him he had a sad expression on his face.

“I didn’t save him in time.” His voice cracked at the end.

***************************

What do you think? Ill post again later today if I get a comment AND a fan =D

I hope yall enjoyed it. Next chap youll find out if the man died or it James saved him in time.