I'm Sorry To Interrupt

Marlena was stuck. She was stuck on the words Tony had spoken only a few short minutes prior to her return home. She was used to being told how dangerous she was. She was used to being told that her abilities were catastrophic at best. She was used to living a life knowing that no one would ever truly accept her because of how catastrophically dangerous her abilities could be, and it was something she now knew would never change. It didn't bother her that much, but what did bother her was knowing that her daughter would grow up walking on eggshells around those she came into contact with for the sake of not scaring them. That hurt her, especially knowing just how sweet and loving her little girl was. She would never dream of hurting anyone, but that wouldn't be what everyone else saw.

"Was it really necessary to take that from Sam's?" Bucky questioned Marlena.

Marlena chuckled dryly and hugged her new bottle of alcohol to her chest. "Of course it was. I don't know about you, but champagne is about to be my best friend for the night."

Bucky shook his head and hurried over to the Jeep. "And how do you think he'll feel when he realizes you took that from him?"

"He won't care after I replace it," Marlena shrugged and hopped out of the Jeep; the two had just arrived back home from Sam's. "If anything, I need this more than he does."

"Yeah," Bucky said slowly. "You and Stark, what was that conversation about?"

"The impending cataclysm that is my life."

Bucky simply pursed his lips in response to the remark and made his way towards the front door of his house. "Yeah, just don't drink too much. I don't really feel like dealing with a drunk Marlena," he sighed.

Marlena laughed and tucked the bottle into her purse. "Once you know everything Tony just told me, you'll wanna get drunk with me, despite not being able to."

"Is it that bad?"

"Depends on perspective," Marlena shrugged.

Bucky only shook his head at her and opened the front door. The moment the two walked into the house, they were greeted by their children, both of whom seemed very excited for some reason.

"Hi, guys," Marlena said with a bright smile on her face.

Bucky walked in behind her, and the twins moved from Marlena to him, leaving him very happy. Marlena headed further into the house while Bucky remained with the twins, and when she got to the living room, she stopped when she noticed three men instead of two. Kellan was with Mason and Greyson, and the sight of him unsettled Marlena slightly. She was still convinced he could not be trusted, but it wasn't something she could exactly come right out and say, especially not to Mason himself.

"Oh, um, I wasn't aware Mason was having you over tonight," Marlena said with a small smile on her face.

Mason looked away from the television long enough to answer. "I texted you, but you never answered."

"I must have left my phone upstairs," Marlena told him. She averted her attention to Greyson, who was playing some sort of game on his phone. "Greyson, can I talk to you for a second?"

He looked up at her. "Is this about what I walked in on earlier?"

"Did you walk in on her and Buck jumping each other's bones?" Mason asked with a snide smirk on his face, eliciting a laugh from Kellan. "I apologize for the mental scarring, buddy."

"Shut up, Mason," Marlena said with a roll of her eyes. "Greyson, please?"

Greyson only let out a breath and got up from his seat. Marlena grabbed him by the arm and pulled him into the kitchen to prevent from being heard.