Chapter 3~ Jett

Jett always hated lunch: the talking, rude people, laughing, overly friendly lunch ladies, and most of all the people. Instead he opted to spend that period behind the school with his beer in one hand and his phone in the other.  A thought popped into his head, God what would they think if they saw the star athlete getting drunk behind the school. He quickly answered it himself. They wouldn't care as long as he kept winning games. He sighed. Life was so much  better before he was Jett Anderson. He spotted  the crowd of short skirts and tank tops making their way  towards him and mentally  cursed. Elaine made her way towards him with her high ponytail and long nails or claws, however you saw them. She sat up on the wall next to him and set a perfectly  manicured  hand on his upper arm.  She  lowered her voice to what Jett guessed was a seductive whisper. "Hey Jett, how about after the game you and I hang out? " She trailed her nails down his arm still attempting her seduction.  Here pushed her off and walked off.  "I'll  have to definitely  decline  that Lainey." The poor girl looked shocked and Jett walked off with a smirk. Now that his normal  lunch activities were ruined; he sat on the wall and watched the people eat lunch. He spotted  his ex best friend  Emily.  She was frantically talking to a shorter  girl with  curly hair. His heart ached seeing  Em with someone  new.  He decided to shoot her quick text seeing  as the girl has had the same phone for years she probably  had his number.  He wrote it out not giving  much detail. The rest of the lunch he watched them. When the bell rang he darted off before  she saw him.  He was heading to  class when he ran into the same girl from earlier. After a sassy  come back  from her she headed inside  before  they could continue a conversation.  He knew her, Scarlet Evans. She sat in front of him in math and shared a few other classes. He remembers his friend Jake used to throw paper balls and see how many he could  get stuck in  her hair. Well that until Jett sat between them. Then would catch the little paper balls before they landed.  He barely  knew Scarlet, but she seemed really quiet and guarded. She was the kind of mysterious that made Jets want to get her better, but other than  Emily  and that one band geek John, Jordan, James? He couldn't remember, but he hasn't seen her with another friend. He immediately wondered if the friend Emily mentioned in the text was Scarlett. In fact he found himself hoping it would be her. Jett completely abandoned trying to understand math and thought of Scarlett and a plan to get to know her. He decided to text Emily about it.

Jay: Hey em,by any chance is Scarlett the friend we're hanging out with tonight?

Em: maybe. Why?

Jett realized he really didn't have a good excuse, so he turned off his phone to avoid interrogation from Emily. He looked up and saw Scarlett staring at him he smirked and wrote a quick note. 

Take a picture it'll last longer

He rolled up the paper and threw  it onto her laptop. That caught her attention and her face immediately started turning bright red.  Jett thought that was adorable. Scarlett started writing her own note. Instead of being courteous and making it land on his laptop or something; she threw it directly at his face. She let out a giggle when it bounced off his nose. He opened the crumpled paper.

Don't smirk so much it might actually become charming.

Jett smiled at the note and wrote his own response.

Sorry princess, charming is my middle name. Didn't you know?

He threw the paper and saw her smile a little at it. The blush from previously slowly creeping up her neck. She went back to writing again. Jett was starting to like this exchange. He snapped out of his thoughts as another paper ball bounced off his nose. He opened it up and couldn't help but smile. 

Princess? Does that make you my Prince Charming? It would fit you. 

He wrote his last response because class was almost over. 

Only if you want me to be.

She opened it and let out a little giggle, but then she did something strange.  Instead of writing another note, she pulled out her phone and started vigorously typing. He peeked over her shoulder to see the contact picture of Emily. Jett laughed a little. Girls couldn't make a decision without consulting the others too. The bell rang and before Scarlett could protest Jett darted out of the room. He turned back to see Scarlett flip him off and laughed a little. He decided to keep her guessing for a bit.  Last period flew by way too quickly  and the next thing Jett knew he was sitting with Emily, James and Scarlett. He sat with Scarlett as Emily hung up posters for some club. James was offering to help, but Emily kept declining. Jett felt bad for the guy. He figured that he probably liked her and Emily was just being her stubborn self.  He spent the rest of the hour talking and laughing with Scarlett. They also made a plan to get Emily and James together. This was quite possibly Jett's favorite day.