6 - Triple W

On September the first, I wake early, and pad barefooted down the stairs. I hover my trunk down after me, and place it quietly down by the door. Crystal is sitting on a chair in the kitchen, waiting for me to feed her.

I eat breakfast silently, pancakes smothering any noises I might possibly want to make. Then I feed Crystal. Then I switch on my white and black checked converse. They are getting a bit tight. Maybe I've finally started growing again!

I watch Ginny come down the stairs.

"Ginny, duck!" I yell, spotting a pair of trunks behind her. She flattens herself against the wall and they land in a heap at the bottom. She looks scared. I begin rushing up the two flights of stairs to get to her, and when I get there, she's being hugged by the twins.

"Sorry Gin." They're saying over and over. Fred, the hot one, glances at me for a second and gulps. Yes, you're in for it. I fricken LOVE this girl already and you could have taken her from me!

I tap them both on the shoulders and start talking. "Those trunks barely missed her head! They could have killed her! You could have killed your little sister!" I say. Ginny flings herself into my arms and I feel how fast her heart's going.

"It's alright, come on Gin." I say, and we walk down the stairs to eat breakfast.

At ten O'Clock;

"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs. Black's portrait is howling with rage but nobody is bothering to close the curtains over her; all the noise in the hall is bound to rouse her again, anyway. Willow,

Harry, Ron and Hermione appear on the stairs almost instantly.

"Harry, Eva, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouts Mrs. Weasley - over the repeated screeches of "MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!" - "Leave your trunks and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage... oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

A bear-like black dog appears at Harry's side as he's clambering over the various trunks cluttering the hall to get to Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh honestly..." says Mrs. Weasley despairingly. "Well, on your own head be it!'

She wrenches open the front door and steps out into the weak September sunlight. We follow her. The door slams behind us and Mrs. Blacks screeches are cut off instantly.

"Where's Tonks?" Harry says, looking round as we went down the stone steps of number twelve, which vanish the moment we reach the pavement.

I glance around - The only person in sight is an old woman, so - OOOOOOOHHHHH!

"She's waiting for us just up here," says Mrs. Weasley stiffly, averting her eyes from the lolloping black dog beside Harry.

The old woman greets us on the corner. She has tightly curled grey hair and wears a purple hat shaped like a pork pie. I grin at her.

"Nice hat!"

"Wotcher, Eva," she says, winking. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" she adds, checking her watch.

"I know, I know," moans Mrs. Weasley, lengthening her stride, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis... if only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again... but Fudge won't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days... how Muggles can stand traveling without magic."

But the great black dog gives a joyful bark and gambols around us, snapping at pigeons and chasing its own tail. Harry and I can't help laughing. I can't blame Sirius. He has been trapped inside for a very long time. Mrs. Weasley purses her lips.