7 - FlaMander

When we exit the train, it's dark, so I follow the teacher with the light.

"First years! First years! Over here please!" I walk over.

"Excuse me, where do I go? I just started this year but I'm a fifth year."

"Oh yes, Dumbledore mentioned you. Eva, isn't it?" I nod. "You come with me dear."

"Okay." I follow her and a bunch of first years along a path. We walk down to a loch (a massive scottish lake) and sail across it in boats.

I get a boat with two girls and a boy, who introduce themselves as Rose Zeller, Rosie Snape (She's like Snape's daughter), and Joe Wellington. It went something like this.

"I'm Rose Zeller. I like swimming, dancing and trains. May the Llamas be with you."

"I'm Rosie Snape, daughter of the ONE AND ONLY potions master. I LIKE TRAINS TOO! Rosie out." then we all stared the the boy.

"Joe Wellington. Duke of Wellington. Wearing a Wellington. Don't laugh at the Wellington." I think Rose, Rosie and Joe are all extremly hyper and cool.

When we get our first sight of Hogwarts, they don't just gasp, they argue over the best view. I love these guys.

I sit, entranced by the beauty of the castle, overwhelmed by it's majesty. I'm articulate. Hogwarts isn't a castle. Screw castles.

Screw the movies!

What?

The word castle just does not describe Hogwarts.

We go under a cliff, and Joe bangs his head. We all laugh at the Wellington and he laughs too.

"You guys are my new friends. You're cooler than Harry and Ron and Wi - OH MY GOD I'M SORRY LLAMAS! I NEARLY - SO VERY NEARLY - blasphemed against your prophet!" I whisper/yell.

"What?" Rosie says

"What?" I say

"I said what!" Rosie says

"I said what!" I argue.

Rosie wisely shuts up.

"Hey Rosie. Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie Rosie" Rose begins.

She continues like that for a while.

"What?" Rosie asks after a few minutes. I am basically tuned out by this point, staring at Hogwarts.

"Do you have a pet Hippogriff?"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?! HOW DID SHE KNOW?!"

"Children in the last boat! Come along!" Calls the teacher. I run after her.

I am not a child. Do not patronize me.

Rose, Rosie and Joe trail along behind me, calling each other names. I catch snatches of what they're saying;

"... Lemon! I really need..."

"Why in the name of the penguins...!"

"Cat,"

"...Cow and sheep..."

"... You need to stop acting like a..."

"The elder..."

"...Hippopotumus... With a bucket of... mickey mouse..."

I don't join in.

When we enter the hall, I spot Dumbledore standing to the side. He grabs my arm and pulls me over.

"Would you prefer to be sorted separately in another room, Eva?" He asks. "So no-one knows your name."

"Thank you professor." I say, and follow him up to the table.