8 - Let's Get Busy

OMG I'M SO SORRY HOW LONG THIS IS TAKING! SERIOUSLY! SEVERUSLY! SHOOT I'M TALKING NONSENSE! DEEP BREATH. OMG WHO IS BACK! INTO THE DALEK! I'M MAKING A N.I.S. CLARA COSPLAY FOR LONDON COMIC CON. *deep breath* okay. Read on.

-Flo

The night passes by in a flash, and before I know it, it's a new day. It's a Saturday, so no lessons, but we are given our schedules at the breakfast table.

"Thanks Professor." I say to our head of house, Madam Hooch. She is tall, with short grey hair and yellow eyes like a hawk.

She smiles; "And that's five." I hear her mutter.

"Sorry?"

"Oh, all five of you said thank you, Eva," She says. "I think that might be a record: one hundred percent!" She walks off, still muttering.

My house members are sitting on the table chatting and eating toast. I shuffle down next to them and then realise I can't reach the toast. I stretch my arm out, but Lucielle and the others ignore me.

Fuck this.

"Pass me the toast."

They don't even look around. FML.

I barge my arm past Luce and snatch a rack of toast. She turns, and has the nerve to look indignant! Indignant! a girl four years(or thirty-seven, take your pick) my junior.

I retreat and eat my toast, slice after slice, with the melted butter taking my mouth to heaven.

"So Eva-"

"We were-"

"Thinking about-"

"Giving a grand tour-"

"To our new protegé-"

"Around the castle-"

"Under the castle-"

"And through the castle, we will teach you everything you need to know about Hogwarts truly."

And without a thought to my toast, they each grab an elbow and begin to propel me out of the hall.

"Willow!" I call. "Help!"

She glances over at me, then back to her food. "Nope, sorry food's more important."

"Fat lot of good she is." I grumble as we leave the hall.

"Eva, stop grumbling. " Fred says sternly.

"But-"

"No."

"Frrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeddd!" I whine.

"Can't you shut her up?" George asks. "I didn't bargain for this."

"You don't have to stay on the tour." I suggest, a smile curving my lips.

"True." He turns back. "Catch you later! Don't shag!"

"What??"

"Nothing, nothing, not a thing!" And George disappears.

"George thinks I'm going to be dating you by christmas." Fred replies.

I grin. "Well that can certainly be arranged." I hook my arm through his. "So let's have that tour then, Mr Weasley."

We head up the stairs past groups of chattering girls and boys, even past a couple kissing heatedly against a wall.

I look at Fred again, and suddenly realise I want to be that girl, pressed against the wall being kissed by Fred.

What...

I... shit.... shit shitshitcrapcrapfuckfuckfuck HOLYSHITNOPLEASEYESPLEASESHIT FUCK. HOLY FUCK HOLY CANOLLI

Shit.

I have a crush on Fred Weasley.

****

"Oh my god! Really? I'm so proud!" I grin. Fred smiles, happy that the news impresses me. "But you're still in school. Who's going to look after it?"

"There's insurance on the building, and security runes protecting the whole place." He explains. "We got Bill to set them up in the easter holidays."

"Bill?"

"Oh, has no-one explained how many Weasley kids there are?"

I sit down facing him. "Nope. Go on."

Fred sits down cross-legged in a patch of sunlight against a wall."Charlie is the eldest. He works in Romania, in a Dragon reserve. "

"Dragons? Isn't that supposed to be really dangerous?" I ask. Most people leave Dragon handling to the experts.

"Charlie is an expert." He replies before continuing.

"Next there's Bill, well, William. He works as a curse-breaker for Gringotts, and is currently in Egypt, helping with a Pyramid expedition.

"Then Percy. He has a job as the Minister's personal assistant. Don't mention him around Mum and Dad. It's kind of a sensitive topic.

"Then there's George and I, and we're running the Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes.

"After that it's Ron, who has no future," I smack him.

"OW! And Ginny, who is the only girl."

"Seven? Shit, your parents have been busy!"

Fred laughs, and his teeth flash white, and I find myself leaning in. His eyes are a soft warm brown like cat fur and chocolate.

"Do you want to get busy?" Fred whispers before he kisses me.