14 - We will need a warning

Corridors. This corridor seems familiar.

It's black and shiny, so shiny I can see reflections in the walls of myself, my long, elegant deadly self -

Someone else.

He must not be there. I shouldn't attack though... but one bite wouldn't hurt.

He stirs, and in a moment is awake.

I strike.

Once. Twice. Three times.

I wait.

He shudders, blood covering the shiny black tiles and spattering the walls. His hair is ginger. I recognise him.

I've never seen this man before in my life.

I slide back along the corridor, a voice echoing in my head.

Eva. This is your Father.

Wake.

up.

Black

Snake

Weasley

Shit.

"She looks kind of scary."

"Eva, you alright?"

"Willow, for Gods sake!"

"Eva! Can you hear me?"

I open my eyes and immediately shut them because the world is spinning and I just got pulled into a Snake's head and she was posessed by Father-

"Eva! Open those sexy eyes before I knock some sense into you!" Willow yells. I groan, then roll over to the side of the bed, retching.

I get up, shaking.

I wasn't the only one in that Snake's head. "I need to get to Harry."

"No, Eva you're sick. Stay here." Hermione says, trying to push me back into the bed that I had been sharing with Lavender (not like that sickos) in our last-night-of-term sleepover.

"No! Mr Weasley has been attacked and Harry thinks it's his fault!"

"Attacked?"

"Yeah it was a snake, there was loads of blood we need to go!"

"I'll get Professor McGonagall."

"No! I need to get to Harry!" I yell, pushing past them. I run up the boys stairs, pushing my weak self to it's limit and beyond.

"I'm not lying and I'm not mad!" Harry yells, his voice rising to a shout. "I tell you, I saw it happen!"

I burst in, and sure enough, there is McGonagall. "I had the same dream and we need to go now! Please he's bleeding loads!"

To her credit, she doesn't ask why I am here, simply replies. "I believe you, both of you. Put on your dressing gowns, we're going to see the headmaster."

I spin into my dressing gown and some clean pyjamas, immediately ready. Harry shoves his glasses on.

"Weasley, you ought to come too," says Professor McGonagall.

We follow Professor McGonagall past the silent figures of their room mates. Ginny turns up in the common room, joining us, and I spot Hermione's face on the stairs. We head out through the portrait hole and off along the Fat Lady's moonlit corridor. I feel as though the panic inside me might spill over at any moment; I want to run, to yell for Dumbledore; Mr. Weasley is bleeding as we walk along so sedately, and what if those fangs (I try hard not to think 'my fangs') are poisonous? We pass Mrs Norris, who turns her lamplike eyes upon us and hissed faintly, but Professor McGonagall says, "Shoo!"