Chapter 1

"Alright," Tyler sighed, as Hunter gave a sly smile. The dirty blonde reached over the desk and handed him a beige folder with the name SARA LUNBERG written in dark pen. Tyler took it, opening it up.

       "Where is she?" Tyler asked, as he landed on a page with a small girl laying there, her chocolate-brown hair messy and her long red skirt bunched up as she laid on the concrete. Under that photo, there was a another one, one with a small hole in the crook of her neck.

      "Her house, the basement. We want you to figure out who did it, why, and with what. You know you're job. Thank you, Mr. Greystone," Hunter said, pointing towards the pale door.

"I have more work, you must leave now," he bid a rude farewell, glancing down at another folder with the name RUBY KATE ROBB written in thick black writing.

He walked out. The blonde marched to the big black van, opening the door, he sighed. Tyler sat down, and slammed the door. He began to drive, getting to his big house, one might classify as a mansion, though to Tyler's family, it was petite. Especially to the blonde's father. 

Outside, their dog Reid was biting a bone, growling as he did so. Tyler quickly ignored the German Shepherde. Upon entering, his wife, Gracie Greystone, was on the couch reading a large book she had gotten from their son and daughter, Alec and Caylah, on her birthday.

"We have a new case, Hunter has been giving us too much work," he whined. The taller of the two pulled her up, walking next her to the door, which he then opened. They walked down the stone path, opening the gate at the end. As they neared the end, unknowns to the adults, their two children were standing by the door, ready to escape.   

"Do you know what the case is about?" Caylah asked, looking up at her older brother. She smoothed out her dirty dress, she was never very feminine.  She was smart, and loved mystery like the rest of her family.

"No. But it is a murder case, Caylah. Why would I know?" Alec grumbled. Caylah opened the door, she slipped out easily. Alec though, had a small bit of difficulty. The children got to the car, the girl brushed some small sticks out of her short brown hair.  Alec pulled the door open quietly, pushing himself in, before grabbing Caylah's hands and heaving her up. Beside the two was a small pile of everything. It includes, but not limited to, many notebooks, a coat, 3 purses; expensive ones Tyler hoped to give Gracie, and some random detective things. 

"Excuse you, my foot is there!" Caylah whispered harshly, she pushed Alec's leg off of her, and pulled her legs up to her flat chest. Alec rolled his brown eyes. The car came to a quick stop, jerking the passengers forward. The adults got out, leaving their children in the burning in the drunk of the car. Caylah, being a smart girl, took out a small little key. She made it for the trunk of this car, but it worked on doors and windows too. She slid it under the door- wait no that is Alec's arm. She found the door, and slid it down the crack. She pulled the trunk door up, and jumped out. She smirked as her parents glared at her, Alec hung his head down as he walked past their parents. Tyler grumbled, and crossed his arms over his chest. Reid barked as banged on the door.

Now, not so full of rage, Gracie opened the door, letting the big dog out. He smiled as he saw the kids. Caylah waved and walked past her parents, Alec glumly following. Caylah opened the door, walking inside, Alec perking up, he loved mystery too, but not as much as Caylah. They looked all over the living room, and kitchen, soon they saw their parents walking down the stairs, as quietly as possible. Caylah grabbed her brother's arm and pulled him down the stairs.

"Detective Caylah here! Out of my way!" She yelled, running to the crime scene she saw Sara, a little hole on her neck, Caylah studied it.

"Listen, kid, this isn't a place for children. You should get goin'," Elizabeth Brown said, as she saw the rest of the Greystones walking down.

"Hey, Ms. Greystone, you too Tyler," she waved before she felt her note book get grabbed out of her hand. She looked down to see Caylah had it.

"What are you doing?" Elizabeth asked, Aubrey, another police women walked over, she looked down and smiled showing her pearly white teeth.

"This is Caylah, I've met her before, she is drawing a photo of the victim, and then she does somethin' else, she wont tell me," Aubrey said, leaning over Caylah. Alec smiled, and took Sara's arm. Then he closed his eyes, thinking about it as hard as he could.

Alec frowned as he heard a police man ask what he was doing, "SHHHH!" Caylah shouted, "He is trying to see what happened, he can see the future, and the past, barely
He can only see a few things," Caylah said as she finished her drawing, adding some shading, along with some volume in her skirt and shirt.

"She-She is.....blonde," Alec said opening his eyes, he stood up. "She was doing the laundry, in the dark," Elizabeth rolled her eyes, she walked to the body, and began looking.

"Swear on my life, her murderer is a blonde girl, probably blue eyes-"

"H-he's right! Oh my God! HE IS RIGHT!" Elizabeth said, picking out a long blonde hair. She put it in a small zip-lock bag, and put it in a fabric purse, along with other things, such as a syringe, and some red fabric. Tyler and Gracie walked over and did what was needed to be done, along with Reid. Soon enough, they left.

Going to the M.O.A., or the Mysteries of Amid, the Greystones live in a city called Amid. The building was huge and black, with many windows. They walked in, the loud clacking of Gracie's boots was, for some odd reason, was comforting, Caylah shyly walked behind them, now Alec seemed more interested. They got to an office. In the halls, you were told to be quiet, which they were, but Gracie told them to sit down, beside the large desk.

"Who do you think it is? From the groups of people we have....criminals, is: Nathan Kramer, 19 and a robber, Ava Williams: drug dealer, and, most likely, Margret Wright, who is called "Red Dress Girl" in the gangs. She has murdered, much to many, dangerous girl. Blonde, blue eyes, main victims are girls, though boys are not un-normal. Her last victim, a blonde, which are quite common for her, by the name of Landon," Gracie stated, sitting down on a comfortable chair.

"Or, it could be one of our escapist, Ms. Barker she is an old lady, but she can kick-ass, or Ms. Formato, who is a sharp, fast girl. And, last of all, Margret, again. What do you guys think?" She asked looking down at her children.

"Yes, yes! You are so smart!" Tyler said.

"Yes, yes, I am. Says here the last time she was seen was 1:30 A.M., with a friend and his friend. His name, Jacob Stettler."