Chapter 18

Gracie was at home, doing some extra work, while Tyler was being useful and texting Hunter, just kidding Tyler is never useful.

Hunter:
R u workin on the case

You:
Nope. Gracie doin it

Hunter:
U should

You:
K. Gtg.

Tyler stood up, peeking at what Gracie had. She was almost done. Her face was confused, beads of sweat dripped down. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"What ya doin'?" He asked, resting his chin on her head. She sighed, writing something on the lined paper. She peered up at him, before doing more things.

"A report. I want to publish it in the paper, it doesn't even matter if it says it was by me. It's about Alec, Caylah, and Red Dress Girl. I'm scared."

She turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck. She nuzzled into his chest, and began to sob.

She never used to cry, she was always strong. But, now, it seemed like she never stopped. She shakily pulled him down further, crying into his chest.

"Calm down, Gracie," he whispered, hugging her tightly. He kissed her forehead, frowning at why she kept crying. She gasped into his chest multiple times.

"I'm sorry- I-I j-just-"

"Don't be sorry, just stop," he cut her off, sitting down on the edge of the bed. She sat beside him, rubbing her eyes. Tyler laid down, pulling her to his chest.

After snuggling, Gracie got up. She finished her "report". It wasn't a report. It was the beginning to a blog. She wanted everybody to know what happened to her, if she died.

Tyler was asleep, Gracie turned to see he still had his sunglasses on. She hiked over, taking his glasses off.

*       *       *

Gracie pulled her jacket on and walked out of the house. She walked down the cracked stone path. She walked to the office, knowing she wouldn't have enough self esteem. 

"No running!" The reception remind her as she bounded up the stairs. She got to the room, slamming the door behind her.

"I don't want to type this, it's so goddamn long!" She hissed, sitting in the chair. She had gotten permission from Hunter, and James created a website for her.

She typed the last word, putting her head on the desk. She looked at it, 'am I even ready?' she asked herself, clicking publish​. She smiled, this was her new blog.

"Babe, what are you doin' here?" Tyler's voice sounded from the doorway. He walked over, begging to read it. "You're a good writer, babe."

He pecked her lips, sitting beside her. She blushed, covering her face with her hands​. He smiled, wrapping an arm around her.

"Thank you," she leaned into him, humming softly. He chuckled, scrolling down. Once he was done reading, Gracie was asleep.

He picked her up bridal style. Tyler carried Gracie to the car. He put her into the car, buckling​ her in. He drove home, but didn't get out. He turned on his side and fell asleep.

*       *       *

Gracie woke up first, walking to the mansion. She started to sprint, she had a feeling. A feeling like someone was watching her.

"Oh God, it's cold," she whispered, running to her room. She grabbed her grey laptop, and ran back to the car. She began to write more, smiling.

She used her coat as a blanket, it was really warm. She published another update. This one about Caylah's stay in the hospital. She gave as many details as possible.

"Maybe I should write a novel.... Caylah can do the illustration​s!" She applaud herself. She continued to do work, her heart racing with excitement.

"Mmm, babe, what are you doin' now?" Tyler asked, leaning over the chair. He has been calling her 'babe' more, not that Gracie really minded.

"Writing more," she answered, sliding a hand through her chocolate brown hair. Tyler leaned over the seat, pressing their foreheads together. "I love you."

"Love you too," Tyler said. He got up, plopping beside her. She smiled, leaning into his chest. They cuddled for awhile, the two falling asleep again.

Tyler woke up rather early, 3:57. He kissed the side of Gracie's head. He smiled, looking out the window. It was dark, raining. He signed.

"It's always fuc- who is she? Why is she in our yard?" He slipped away, escaping from Gracie's warmth. He glared at the girl.

"Mya!" He screeched, stomping to his friend. Mya was Red Dress Girl, who was Maggie, who was Margret, who was a monster. This beautiful name was inspired by Mya, her master, the five years old.

"Hehe! Tyler! Hey!" She giggled, hugging him. He pushed away, growling at her. "Tyler?"

She sounded scared, her voice crack, a scared look on her face. She adjusting her red skirt, a frown adorned her face.

"I hate you. I'm not your friend. I'm not your boyfriend, you're a lair," Tyler glared down at her, his teeth rubbed together in anger, his eye twitched behind the glasses.

Tears brimmed the blue eyes, a shriek of emtional pain came from the shorter of the two. Her blonde hair swung, as she jumped on top of him.

"You don't know what I can do. I'm stronger than you think, I'm a monster. You can't be a friend to a stranger," she whispered, sliding a pocket knife from under her shirt.

She smirked, tracing it against his chest. He squeezed his eyes. She layed her head against his, smirking slightly. He just looked to the side, biting his chapped lip.

"Are you scared of me? Let's have a fight, 'kay?" She spit, grabbing two pistols out of her crimson purse, handing one to him.

He shot in the distance, hearing the shot hit something glass, it works. His eyebrows furrowed. He took shooting lessons before, but he's not a violent person.

"Remember​: I'm a monster," she pointed to him, pulling the trigger. Her shoot was perfect, it hit his arm.

He fell into the cold grass, everything went ​dark. By that time, Gracie had ran up, picking the gun up.

"Remember: I can be a monster," Gracie shot.