Chapter 3

*      *       *

"It is really hot in here," Caylah whispered. Pushing Alec away from her. She turned around bumping her big boot against everything, she kicked a tire away. She pressed her foot against a notebook, getting ready to push it away, until she felt a pen.

She grabbed them both, squinting in the dark, drawing a sketch.

"What are you doing?" Alec asked, looking down at her picture. Which he could not see, Caylah just continued to draw.

"Wha-"

"SHH!" She whispered harshly. Her hand slid across the paper. She hummed as the door opened.

Light shone through, showing a man they did not know. Caylah squeezed her eyes shut. She grabbed the pen she was drawing with, and shoved it into his leg. He cried out, and Caylah stood, grabbing Alec's arm. She ran, tears brimming her green eyes, her foot hurt a lot.

They ran in the dark woods, soon coming across a girl. Caylah had dropped her new glasses, making it hard to see, the morning dew making it hard to walk, and the buzzing in her head made it hard to hear.

But she didn't move. Not a noise came from her. Alec stepped up, running towards the girl. She smiled at him. Caylah slowly ran behind him. As the two stared at her, Caylah remember the dress and hair, she walked up and looked at her.

"Hello, Caylah," she greeted, smirking, showing her sharp teeth. Alec walked forward, his brown eyes staring into the blue ones.

"H-how do you know my name?" Caylah stuttered, backing away. Slowly, they heard the crack of thunder, and rain began to pour. Tears rolled Caylah's cheeks, from fear and the pain in her foot.

Alec glanced behind himself.

"My name is Red Dress Girl," she said, then she snickered, walking a bit towards Alec. Alec fell backwards.

He patted all around him. Looking back at Caylah, who was sobbing.

'Umm, what would Vincent do?' Caylah asked herself. Vincent Van Gogh was her favorite artist. She knew he was crazy, so not actually doing what he would do, or would she.

'What would a football player do?' Alec asked himself. They are inspiring and are cool people.

They looked at each other, before Caylah ran as fast as she could the other way. She got to the car where her notebook and pen sat their, a few other things on the forest floor.

She ran back, drawing a picture of a knife. She ripped it out. Making mainly clean cuts.

It was dark, cold, and wet, so Red Dress Girl couldn't see what was happening over where Caylah stood she just saw a knife. The 9-year-old girl holding the paper up, said something, in a confident, yet shaky voice, "Leave him alone. Fight me," Caylah held the "knife" up higher.

Alec watched as Red Dress Girl ran towards his sister. Caylah ran to the car, Alec stood. Crying, he grabbed a stick. He rushed over to the girls, jabbing the knife in her back.

Red Dress Girl screamed. She hit him so hard, he fell back, Caylah stood there, not being able to see anything is a huge problem. She began to run again, and Alec grabbed Red Dress Girl's foot, she pulled a few times. Her ruby-red heels had sharp daggers on them, making her teeter and totter.

Growling at him, she slammed her heel into his arm. Though her heel was now in his arm, her foot was not in the heel. She ran after Caylah, whimpering at each step.

Caylah got to the big black van, or at least where it was. Caylah contuied, her hair was a mess, her dress was dirty and tattered, dirt and blood was smeared across her arms, legs, and face.

Alec got up, and pulled the heel out of his arm, holding it as a weapon. He began to run, not chasing them anymore. He ran so fast, as fast as he could. He grabbed a branch and pulled himself up. He did this over and over and over. As he reach the end of the forest, he could see his sister lying on the ground, blood seeping from many, many cuts. The paper knife beside her.

He ran, leaving her there. He came across a small village. There was no one out, the lights were out, except a few flickering street lamps. He banged on a random door, it being opened up.

"What do you need at- I'm sorry, what happened, young boy?" He asked. Alec looked up, it was Khalil Cruz. The wittness.

"Police," Alec mumbled. Pushing past Mr. Cruz, he went into the kitchen. He found a cell phone on the oak table. Dialing 911.

"This is 911, what is your emergency?" A high pitched voice asked.

After explaining his experience, she said they would send out a bunch of cars. She told him to not go back in the woods. He was terrified, his head was buzzing, like Caylah's.

*     *     *

Beep, beep, beep, they sat in silence, wondering how this could have happened. Alec brushed some dirt off his suit.

"What I think happened was when we herd noise coming from the car, we snuck in, and as soon as they realized we were in the car, they drove as far as they could. And they got to Appleberry forest. Where they let us out," he said, wiping some more tears off. "And-and, the girl had blonde hair and blue eyes. It was Red Dress Girl," he finished.

"You shouldn't jump to conclusions. It's always fun to read a story. This maybe a gloomy, but it is an interesting one," Gracie responded. Tyler sighed.

"Unless you don't like to read," Tyler added, staring at the wall, his left eye twitching behind his sunglasses.

"I swear on my life," Alec said. "That's what happened."

"Mr. Cruz called us," Gracie said, looking at Caylah. "Says you were scaring him."

"Hello, my name is Dr. Hough," a short women said. She walked in, she was pretty. A light blue shirt under her lap coat.

"So, what happened?" She asked, walking over to the Greystones.

"A lot...."