Chapter 2

"So, what did the three of you do?" Tyler asked, slamming his hands down on Jacob's desk. Jacob sighed, gently pushing his hands off his desk.

"Nothing! Really! We saw a movie and ate! That's all!" Jacob said, glaring up at Tyler.

"What did you eat?" Tyler asked sitting on the corner of the table. Jacob shook his head, and covered his face with hands, his rainbow painted nails shone in the dim light.

"Ask Lena!" He cried, sinking down in his chair.

"Why? Did she make it?" Tyler asked, looking away from him. He opened his mouth to speak, but the door opened.

"He didn't do it. We have a witness​," Gracie said, looking at the two. "Why the Hell is he crying?" Gracie questioned, tying her hair up in a messy bun.

"He is so rude!" Jacob shook, rubbing his eyes, he got up and ran out the room. Gracie glared at Tyler, he looked to the side.

"Sorry. Listen, I thought he did it!" He tried to reason, but she just rolled her blue eyes, grabbing his arm and taking him away.

*              *           *

"We're home," Gracie yelled walking into the house. Reid barked, shoving his snout into Tyler's leg.

"Mom! Mom! Alec is being mean!" Caylah said, rushing down the stairs. She smiled as she got to the bottom of the stairs, she sprinted to them.

"He didn't do it! Knew it!" Caylah said smirking, "Alec, I was right."

"Well, he is blonde, and he probably wouldn't mind wearing a dress!" Alec yelled, as he plodded down the stairs. "Besides, it's probably a girl, but still!" Alec said, when he reached the bottom.

"We have a witness, Khalil Cruz, he only saw the girl leaving though" She smiled, before her smile flattened, "no, you can't meet him," she added, sitting on the couch.

"I'm going to make dinner," Tyler said, walking into the kitchen, Caylah sighed and ran to the stairs, stopping a few inches away from them. Alec ran beside her, getting the stairs.

"1..2..3..4! GO!" Caylah yelled, racing up the stairs, Alec a stair behind her. "You suck at everything!" Caylah yelled, beaming proudly.

Alec rolled his brown eyes and ran faster getting beside Caylah, Caylah threw herself at the last stair her back colliding with the the finishing point.

"Hahaha! You had the funniest face! Caylah laughed, standing up, she left.

"SCREW YOU!" Alec screamed. Walking to his room, he smiled. He went into the large room, looking at his wall filled with suspects and people it couldn't be. He sat down and sighed.

He crossed Jacob Stettler off the list his photo having a red X, he circled another person, Red Dress girl.

Reid walked into the room, sitting on the bed, he curled into a ball. Alec laughed, rushing over to him.

"Who is it?" Reid asked. Reid was a special dog....Or not, one day Caylah and Alec were making a science project, and they spilled some green stuff, which Reid had licked​ off the floor, ever since then, only Alec, Caylah, and other kids could speak to him.

Reid quickly responded with, "Lena she put the poison in the food, she always-"

"Syringe! She was killed with a syringe!"

"Okay, okay," he barked, "she followed her home, and shoved the syringe into her neck, and now she's dead," Reid said frowning, he got up and stretched.

He waddled away, leaving to Caylah's room. Alec smiled, he put a dot next to Lena's picture.

"Dinner time," Caylah said, at his doorway. "C'mon!" Caylah whined impatiently. Alec followed his little sister to the kitchen. They ate, as Tyler and Gracie talked about the case, eavesdropping.

"Khalil lives on 6457 Appleberry road, apparently, he was helping Sara with her laundry, getting it out of her ex- boyfriend's apartment," Gracie finished, looking up at Tyler.

"How far is Appleberry?" Tyler asked, adjusting his sunglasses.

"It matters the traffic, though about an hour 35 minutes away," Caylah said, leaning up to eat.

"How did you know that?" Gracie asked, Caylah looking across the table.

"I don't know it just came to me," she said, turning to Alec, who had a smirk plastered on his face. He finished, standing up, he moved to his room.

Caylah did the same, expect to her own room. She went to her desk and grabbed a notebook, she drew a picture of a girl, her hair flowing in the wind, she had a necklace that, along with her skirt, which was also flowing. She drew small fairy's surrounding her.

"Perfect," she whispered, the side of her room was filled with windows, and the moon was shining through. She got up and pulled the blue curtains back.

She looked down at the street, and she saw something, it was late 9 O'Clock, and there she saw a girl, a red dress, and a high ponytail, high heels that were bright red, she squinted, and fixed her turquoise glasses. The girl was holding a scarlet purse.

She opened her window.

"What are you doing?" Reid asked. He walked over to her, looking out the window. He saw the girl, and growled. He looked at Caylah. She nodded.

She threw her left leg over the window. She put her other leg over it too, she slid down, slightly. Grabbing the part of the roof under her. She got to the end. Looking down at the girl, who was almost hidden in the shadows.

She grabbed the end of the roof. And dropped. She screamed, her glasses falling to the ground and shattered under her. She screamed again.

Reid began to panic, looking around him, he jumped, falling down much to behind Caylah. He went into his best diving position. It didn't help much.

To Caylah, it was a never-ending fall. She closed her green eyes. And hit the ground, she opened her eyes. She saw red dress girl take a cellphone and called someone.

Caylah woke up on the roof she shed a few tears, her ankle was swollen. She screamed out her brothers name.

"Alec!" Caylah yelled, soon she saw Alec walking to her room, he saw her, and rushed over.

*       *      *

"She'll have to be on cruches for 2 weeks, than come back on Monday, 8:15. Then we'll see how many more weeks," the doctor said as he typed some medical stuff. "How much does it hurt?" He added, typing down her information.

'Imagine if he broke the computer system and so many bad things would happen' she thought.

"A lot," she said, answering his question.

"How much do the cruches cost?" Gracie asked, playing with Caylah's short brown hair.

"600$," he stated, walking to a closet. He opened it showing all the sizes of cruches.

*      *      *

"Alright, this is gonna be easy. When they leave, we sneak in their car, like always. But my cruches will be loud so you carry them and I'll crawl," Caylah declared, getting on her hands and knees. She reached up, unlocking the door and pushing it open. She walked out.

She saw red dress girl and got up, running towards. Running on her feet hurt, but she carried on. She got to her, panting. She wiped the tears off her face, and looked up at her.

"Who are you?" She questioned.