Chapter 21

Gracie wiped the tears from her changing-colors-depending-on-weather eyes. At the moment, they were a greenish hue.

"We're going to the hospital," she murmured, glancing at Alec. Alec was to busy looking at a bird, a Bluejay, to even notice that they were even in the same country as his mother.

"Alec!" Caylah snapped, whipping around to face him. She turned back around. "C'MON, idi-freakin'-ot."

"Shut up," Alec retorted, trotting to his mom and sister. Caylah glared at him.

"Stop fighting! We're going to see your dad, and then we're going to see Reid. He's at home and I miss him," she demanded, bowing her head in sadness.

"Okay," Caylah and Alec said simultaneously. They looked at each other. Alec had a sad look hidden in the back of his sparkly brown eyes. Caylah had happiness full out both of her green (no, not hazel) eyes.

"Yay!" Caylah squealed, looking back at Alec, who was still lagging behind the girls. "Hurry up Alecat, don't you wanna see Reid and Dad?"

"Yeah," Alec grumbled, walking slightly faster, not by very much though. Alec was mad. He didn't know why. He didn't want to leave the Kingdom, first of all.

Gracie made a happy​ noise. The rest of the walk was silent. Alec was content with that, actually, excited. He just didn't want talk. You could say he was bored of Caylah, and angry at Gracie.

Finally, they arrived at hospital. This hospital was called "MiddleWay Hospital" because I can recall the hospital burnt down. And, at the moment, this hospital was too filled of attempted-murder victim, to hold the "Amid Hospital" patients.

So, now, it was Tyler and a collection of wounded police officers, veterans for some reason, and, of course, detectives. But as they realized that the building now sitting on the outskirts of MiddleWay, was the hospital they were going to have to commute to everyday. Panic washed over Gracie's face, yes they were rich, but they were very green. They were vegetarians for a few reasons, environmental being one.

"We're not going to visit dad too much," she choked. It was hard to admit the reason.

She loves animals more than her own husband.

But she did love Tyler, maybe she did love him more. He was a jerk, but, again, he was her husband. They had a bumpy relationship, but they did love each other.... more than anything.

"Why?" Caylah asked innocently. She skipped beside her family. Alec was about the same hight as Gracie, maybe even slightly taller, but he looked at her too.

"Erm, much too far. What is about the magical forest you had mentioned?" She inquired, switching the subject quickly.

After relying the events of mature adventure, they arrived at the oh so hated hospital. Gracie had tears bubble in her eyes again.

She had no idea why.

Wiping them away, a smile still on her pale face. She began to walk. Caylah and Alec began to run behind her.

The halls were bleached. Multicolored tiles, wide windows, and workers ushering people to their hospice room. There was a strange scream of a child, the cries of a newborn, and the shrieking​ an adult male scared of the pointed syringes slammed into your veins, poisoning the once perfect veins with a disgusting drug.

"Well.. we're offly quiet," Alec joked. He messed with his hair, hating how it wasn't put up in his usual way. He was located behind his sister, the halls were big enough for all three to walk together.

"Yeah." Caylah tilted her head back, staring at the oddly shaped light bulbs, they shone down warmly, though they were bright. Alec briskly ambled over.

"Here's his room," Gracie whispered, opening the door. In the room, at the end, there was an obviously comfortable hospital bed, a tiny pane on thin glass, and a bookshelf.

The bookshelf was lined with heavy books about remedies and medical information. Gracie stared at the book case, and, with every ounce of self-control, she sat down with grabbing the thickest book, 'The Medical Guide to Lung Cancer.'

Why that book? Well, why not. Gracie had a point in her life where she wanted to be a doctor. Now, though, not so much. She was as a detective. Always will be, always was one.

"Hi Dad!" Caylah squealed, bouncing up and down with happiness. She clapped her hand. It had been so long since she seen her parents.

"Hey Cay, hi Alec," he greeted, pulling himself up. He smiled at Alec and Caylah. Alec, who was excited, liked to keep his happiness inside bottled up like a mental illness.

No, I'm joking.

"Hello Dad!" He cheered. Everyone looked at Alec, who seemed happier then Caylah, which was hard, Caylah was very optimistic about everything, though there are a few things that came make her be a....bitch.

"Hi Alecat," he chuckled, resting his head in his hands. He was quite bored. It wasn't that Tyler minded Caylah, Gracie, and Alec, but he was suddenly exhausted.

"Hehe! What are we gonna do?" Caylah squeaked, feeling herself become emotional.

'Don't cry,' she thought, she tried her best. Happily, she didn't like to cry. Though she was actually very sensitive. Surprised? Yell at her and she can weep for hours upon hours upon hours.

Much to her annoyance, her brother noticed the tears had made her eyes glossy. He teased her before he fell asleep mid-sentence. Tyler had managed to also fall asleep. Leaving just Gracie and Caylah as they were not tired.

'Creak..Creak..Creak..

The floor boards squeaked as heavy footsteps echoed throughout the house. Tyler was wide awake though. He could feel himself tremble with every footstep.

He had curled himself over Gracie, like every night. Gracie had a smile on her face as she slept.... what was she thinking about? Tyler herd the door open.

He squeezed his eyes shut, pulling Gracie closer. He could hear the heavy breathing of a psychopath​. He heaved his chest, trying to look asleep.

A weight settled on the end of the bed. It wasn't too heavy, just like a short woman. He felt the weight move. Soon, it's arms were hooked around waist.

He couldn't move.

He couldn't speak.

He couldn't breathe.

He couldn't die now.

Summoning the small bit of strength he had. He had only made himself so he was on top of her

He still couldn't move!

He was simply laying there. Then, the covers shifted and the alarm beeped. Gracie slammed her hand on to it. She stood up.

She noticed the limo forms on the bed. It was Tyler and some girl! Not again. She collected her clothes and changed in the bathroom.

"Ty-"

The girl under you had managed to throw you off and stand. She ran to the bottom of the bed. She had received a rope, a knife, and a cherry red purse.

"Oh Gracie~" she purred, like, literally purred. She grabbed Gracie's hand.

The two girls were about the same hight, if anything Gracie was slightly taller. About 5'5 or 5'6. She was definitely not stronger though.

Tyler still could not moved. He watched as his wife be pulled away.

Gracie always had a loud scream.

Creak..Creak..Creak..'

Tyler woke up, but he still could not move. He could move his eyes though. He had a plan. He glanced at Gracie, who had fallen asleep. Then at Caylah, then Alec.

Something urged him to look to the side, he saw a shadowy figure there. It was tall, and thin. As his eyes focused, he could see it was Gracie....

Hanging...

Dead...