Chapter 9

After explaining, Alec stared out the hospital window. They had taken him there just for a checkup. Right above his ankle had a cut, it was infected. Not very seriously though.

They doubted his complex story. The Gemstones? Who the hell are they? Nobody really listened,​ they looked at him as if he were crazy. It was driving him insane.

He could leave the hospital tomorrow, he was excited. Seeing his mansion agian, the bright green grass, flowers twirling around each other.

He looked at the clouds trying to see shapes, but all he saw was dark puffy clouds, moon shining through. He sighed, turning on to his side.

"Honey, sorry we're late," Gracie greeted, walking into the room, her long coat flailing behind her. Tyler followed, staring at his son.

"What really happened?" Tyler asked, his hair was messy, sunglasses foggy, and scathed. He sat beside Alec, looking him in him in his eyes.

"That happened! It really did!" Alec insisted, moving his brown hair from his face.

He sighed, the sky roared, the crack of thunder rolling from the angry sky. Tyler frowned, looking to Gracie. She shook her head, looking at the tiles on the ground. The ocean outside the window was shimmering in the bright light from the lighting.

Gracie smiled, facing Alec again. She grabbed her purse, opening it up. She digged through it for five minutes, occasionally muttering to herself. Finally, she pulled out a book.

"Ever read Harry Potter? By J.K Rowling?" She asked handing him a book, he took it. He looked at the cover, it seemed interesting.

"We gotta go now, we have to work on the case," Tyler added, breaking the uncomfortable silence. He stood up, stretching his long legs. Gracie contuied to search in her purse.

"C'moooooooooooon," Tyler whined impatiently, walking to the door. He left, his wife following behind.
                    *         *         *
"Alrighty, let's get started. Says, last night a women who matched Margaret's description was found at the Angle Night Hotel, a few blocks away from the mall. But she's probably gone. Though it wouldn't hurt to look. Tyler are you listening?" She asked, looking at Tyler who was twiddling with his fingers.

"Mhmm," he said blankly. He had his sunglasses on, though there was a power outage​. The few candles lighting up their little office weren't helping. All to him was blackness.

He had blocked off Gracie as soon as the lights went off. Tyler had a frown on his face. Gracie went quiet. She got up, walking to the bookshelf. She grabbed a book, sitting down in the swivel chair, she sat criss-cross, she read the book, the room was still dark.

The two sat in utter darkness. Tyler's​ mind was racing, he couldn't stop thinking! Both of his kids were in the hospital! Will Gracie be? What about him? Was Alec's story true?

Soon enough, the lights flickered on, shining the bright light on them. Gracie put a slip of torn up paper into the thick book. She sat up, looking at Tyler.

"We should talk to Elizabeth," she said, her calm voice soothing Tyler to look up. He stood up, instantly he hugged Gracie.

"...Umm, Tyler?" She asked, looking to see Tyler. He didn't speak, just finished the hug and walked out the office door, Gracie following close behind.
                *              *               *          
They went to the police station, asking to see Elizabeth Brown, Aubrey Lang, and Luke Huimen. They walked out. Luke was tall and lanky, he had bleach blonde hair and shiney blue eyes. Aubrey was short and had brown hair, and brown eyes. Next, was Elizabeth. She was tall, short brown hair, eyes shadowed by her police hat. But someone followed behind the group.

He was short, and fat. He had crumbs on his chubby face, stains on his shirt. He had the derp-est face in the whole world. He was carrying a box with doughnuts inside.

"Hey Gracie, sup Tye. This is Jackson. No one likes him, so he was added on the case to get him out of the office," she said, turning to see Jackson with a mouthful of food.

He waved, before devouring the poor doughnuts, Gracie could almost hear their screams. She pointed at him and yelled, "MURDER!"

"It is okay. They are already dead," he said, chomping anther bite off. Gracie hid her get face into Tyler's side. Tyler wrapped an arm around her.

"Well....Let's get a move on, put those down Jackson," Elizabeth said, glaring over her shoulder. She began to walk, Aubrey a foot behind, Luke beside her, Jackson lagging behind them.

They got to a police car, Elizabeth getting in the driver's seat. Aubrey beside her, Luke in the back along with Jackson.

"There's no room," Gracie complained her leg was on Tyler's, and Jackson was looking at her weird.

"We'll be there soon!" Elizabeth said, slamming on the gas, Aubrey put the sirens on, the road cleared for them, the cars on the street pulling to the side just in time, while Elizabeth sped through​.

"Ah," Tyler whimpered, leaning into Gracie, who awkwardly nuzzled into his chest. They got to the hotel, all stepping out, Gracie wiping her self off. Jackson rolled out the car, his doughnuts falling and touching the dirty parking lot.

"NOOOOO!" He screamed, reaching his short T-rex-like arms out. They were short, and weighed as much as Gracie, each.

Elizabeth whipped her head around. She walked over her boots clanking agianst the hard ground, which was wet since they are in the middle of a rainstorm (and lightning). She helped Jackson up, a poker face present on her own face.

"Thank you," Jackson wheezed, "I'm out of breath. I have lung problems," he finished, standing on his own, his knees wobbled, and he swayed. Gracie frowned.

"Alright, Jax, can you walk straight?" Elizabeth asked, walking to Gracie's side. Tyler sighed, running into the building, Aubrey skipping next to him.

The floor was speckles with blood, a Katana sat near the desk. Aubrey stepped up, this was her time to shine! She walked forward, leaning over the desk.

Her scream was loud, it echoed through the cheap hotel. Elizabeth ran in the room, sprinting to Aubrey and Tyler. She gasped, hugging Aubrey. She nuzzled into her chest.

"So, little kitties, I'm up here~" a voice purred. Tyler recognized the voice.

"Call for back up. I repeat, call for back up," Elizabeth whispered into her walkie-talkie. Tyler cowered behind her, every inch of bravery had left him.

"Roger that," a voice answered, so low only Elizabeth could hear. She put the walkie-talkie away, taking her gun out. She pointed it at the stairs, her hear racing.