Chapter 15

Alec woke up, sitting from the plastic bed. He looked around himself. Pedro walked in over, setting the clipboard down.

"Ella!" He lisped, pushing Alec back down on the bed, gingerly. Alec observed his white surroundings.

Ella came over, her heels clacking against the tiled floor. Her ginger hair bounced as she walk. Her dress slid across the smooth floor, looking like a ocean of pink. She gave him a gentle smile.

"How do you feel?" She asked softly, sitting on a chair beside him. He sat back up, turning to his sister.

She was sitting on her chair, Mya beside her. She kicked her legs, giggling. Alec stood up, walking to his sister.

"Good," he said, crouching beside Mya, and Caylah. He pushed his hair out of his eyes. It was messy, he hated it when it was messy. Caylah grinned, patting a plastic chair next to her and Mya.

"Hi."

"Do you need anything? Head hurt? You're good?" Ella asked, making sure Alec was okay. She smiled, opening the door, it clicked behind her as it shut.

"We were so scared! Don't ever do that again!" Caylah begged, hugging him. She returned back to her position. Mya got up, hugging him.

They exchanged hugs, chatting. Soon, Mya had a smile on her face. She stood up, running to the door.

"Let's play outside!" Mya pleaded, opening the door, and rushing out. Caylah followed, motioning for Alec to follow.

"It's such a nice day," Mya giggled, extending her short arm, a blue bird resting herself on her arm. Mya hummed, a smile coming across her face.

"My feet hurt," Caylah whined, again her foot was still broken. She sighed, latching on to Alex's arm. Alec shook her off, putting his arm out of Caylah's reach. Caylah hopped on her right foot.

"Let's climb a tree!" Mya sang, skipping to the tree. At the trunk, there was a patch of grassless dirt. Caylah bent down, sliding her hand across the dark dirt, a suspicious glare across her face.

"What are you doing? Let's climb the tree!" Mya insisted, a her smile flashed away, coming back, a hint of impatience, Alec leaned over her, staring at the dirt.

"What's under the dirt?" Caylah asked, digging her hands into the dirt. She dug for a long time, Alec leaned against the tree, not caring to help.

"A box? Treasure!" She beamed, digging harder, soon enough, a few inches of cardboard became visible. Caylah dug beside that.

"It's taking to long. We'll finish later," Caylah promised, Alec helped her up. She grabbed a low branch, pulling herself up. Alec followed up, using a different route.

Mya hopped up, looking at the evergreens guarding the castle and the large oak tree. Alec, Mya, and Caylah got to the top. Mya fixed her short skirt, looking over the leaves.

"It's so beautiful up here. I love it," Caylah whispered​, wrapping her arms around the tree, gently running her hand against the thick bark. Mya nodded.

"I come up here, sunrise and sunset. It's even prettier. Sometimes, my mom watches too, but she can't climb, she's old," Mya said, a strong wind came, tipping the tree over, Alec chuckled, grabbing a thin branch.

Caylah smiled, her dress gently flowing in the wind. Alec smirked, turning to Caylah. She looked back at him, then at Mya, a sad smile spread across her face.

"You have pretty eyes, Mya," Caylah complemented, moving her hair, which framed her face. She stood up, grabbing a bright green leaf, her dress shoe falling to the ground.

"Ah shoot!" She hollered, reaching down as if she could grab it. But, she couldn't. She frowned, kicking her other dress shoe down, making a soft thud as it hit the root of the huge oak tree.

"Thanks. I can get it," she quickly climbed down, climbing back up. She handed Caylah the shoes, sitting next to Alec again.

"Thank you, Mya. I appreciate it," Caylah shrugged, putting them both on. Alec smiled, the Mya's long pigtails flapped in the breeze, hitting the branches behind them.

"So cold," Caylah shivered, rubbing her arms. She always wore a sundress, though she hated dresses, and dress shoes, she wanted sneakers.

"Yeah," Alec said, pushing his scarlet tie back into his chest. Caylah smiled at him, gently pulling another leaf off, getting a few more off, she tied them together.

"I made a leaf crown," she boasted, holding it up, it flew out of her hands, she moved to catch it, but failed, falling onto a thick branch.

"Ah shoot!" Caylah shouted, it was kind of her catch fraise, she said it a lot. She stood up, looking at the night sky, the stars stood out against the blue sky, the black shone with the half moon in the corner of the sky.

"Well, want to go down?" Mya asked, grabbing a lower stick. Caylah shook her head, getting next to Alec.

"No," Caylah said, grinning like an idiot. She grabbed a vine from the tree, braiding the green plants together. Alec smirked, moving a step down.

"I do," he called, climbing down. He jumped as he neared the bottom, smirk still on his face. Caylah followed, climbing to the very bottom,Mya giggled swinging down. When the kids were at the bottom, they just sat in an uncomfortable silence.

"....What do you want to do?" Caylah asked, walking back to the castle, she got to the huge wood door, turning to Mya. "Let's play inside," she added.

"Okay," Mya ran up, opening the door, Alec walked slowly behind her, looking at the evergreens. Mya ran back, grabbing his arm and pulling him to the door.

"Ugh, can't we sleep?" Alec whined, Mya shook her head, opening the door, the three went inside, Alec slamming the door behind him.

"I guess, you guys can sleep in my room. I have couch," she laughed, walking to the bedroom door.

"Goodnight," Caylah mumbled, walking into the pink and purple room.

"Night," Alec said, walking to the couch. Caylah was laying on the floor, already asleep.