Chapter 10

Gracie pulled into a parking spot. Beside the hospital was a little girl, she had short brown hair. Her hair was almost black, she had a dirty brown vest on, one long sock (no other sock) two boots, a chocolate-colored vest, and a smile on her dirty face. She was cute, short, just plain huggable, and she was plain homeless.

Being a nice person, Gracie walked up to her, blushing as she took her wallet out. She, again, was absolutely rich. The whole Greystone family had an endless amount of money. It was great, of course, but they all had a soft spot for people in poverty. Who wouldn't​?

"Hey, darling, how much money do you want?" Gracie asked, she'd give her enough, not like 3 million. No way.

"Please, whatever you can give," she said, a hopeful look in her brown eyes, which shone in the bright sun. Gracie smiled.

"How about....250?" She asked, she felt good giving a poor kid some money, so she gave a lot.

"Wow! That's a lot!" She said grinning, "My name is Eliana Knauss. Cop in training. I'm going to save some money up, go to college, and become a real cop!" Eliana said, standing. Gracie was much taller than her, which is saying a lot since she is only five four.

"Really? I'm a detective. I actually work here, at M.O.A., it's cool," Gracie responded. She put her hands on her hips.

"Well, I herd there was a crime, gotta go- oh the money thank you!" She grabbed the money and sprinted away.

Gracie shrugged, she reached up and untangled her brown hair. She tied it up in a bun, walking into the M.O.A., she smiled and waved at her co-workers.

"Hey!" She said waving to Tyler. He was standing in the middle of the morning crowd, Reid's leash in his hands.

"Tyler! Reid! I haven't seen you guys in forever!" She exclaimed, running up and hugging Tyler. He smiled, wrapping an arm around Gracie. They walked upstairs, Reid slowly walking behind them.

"So-"

"SHHHHH! OH MY GOD! TYLER IS TALKING IN THE HALLS! BOSS! BOSS!" Emma rushed past them, shoving Tyler into the railing. He got up.

Gracie glared at Emma, about to talk when Reid ran down the stairs. He didn't stop, no, he ran out the door, dragging Tyler behind him.

"Slow down!" Tyler shrieked, jogging close to Reid. Reid sprinted past people. He barked, echoing in Tyler's head. He closed his eyes.

Reid jumped, and bit a girl, she screamed, and shoved him off of her. She glared at Reid. He only nodded his head, barking again, but he continued to gnaw on her.

Tyler grabbed him pushing him away. He put his hand up, helping her up. She smiled.

She was wearing a red skirt that went down mid-thigh. And a red shirt, with a red jacket. She had scarlet lipstick, and cherry heels.

"Thank you so much, my name is Mya," she said, brushing her dress off. Her smile grew, she hugged him. Reid interrupted, his loud bark startling Tyler.

Mya, and Tyler began to walk, talking about stupid things. Mya had a good sense of humor, she made a lot of jokes. She leaned onto Tyler's arm.

"Haha," she finished, wiping the tears from her blue eyes. "I gotta leave. See you later?" She asked, handing him a price of ripped paper.

"Thanks, I gotta go to the hospital," he said, walking past her. He got Gracie and Reid, walking back to the hospital. They arrived, walking into the huge building.

"Hello, Mr. and Ms. Greystone. What's up?" Allana asked, moving some of her brown hair out of her eyes.

"We need to see Alec, and Caylah," he said, sitting down on the comfortable chair. Allana nodded, walking behind the large desk.

"I'll be up in a few minutes, 'kay?" Allana said, "Which first?"

"Alec," Gracie answered, playing with her nails. She looked up to see Allana flipping through pages of a binder.

"122, have fun?" She said, shrugging. Gracie stood up, taking Tyler's arm. Reid followed behind them.

"Hi, Alec," Gracie said softly, waving her hand. Alec gave a faint smile, turning away from the window. Gracie and Tyler sat down on the chairs beside his bed.

"Hey Mom, hello Dad," Alec said, hugging Gracie. The door opened, they all turned to see Allana walking in.

"Hey, Allana," Alec added, rolling his eyes. You could never have a minute alone.

"Got some good gossip, wanna hear it?" Allana asked, Alec nodded, laying back down on his bed.

"So the last chef, he was here for two years, but he left so he could live closer to his husband. So, he had a friend, and he couldn't be the chef, so he sent his daughter. I swear, she's retarded. She can't do anything. Half the time I'm cooking!" Allana complained, rolling her eyes. She turned towards Alec, shrugging her shoulders.

"She killed two people already! Yet Jacob won't fire her!" Allana yelled, looking to the side of the room.

"Who did she kill? How?" Gracie asked, patting Allana's back, she gave a sweet smile. 

"Joshua Steckle. And Ava Roader! She unplugged their breathing machines'!" Allana growled, scraping her sharp nails agianst her thigh.

"Alright, calm down," Gracie whispered, hugging Allana. Allana wiped her tears away, looking down at Gracie.

"I just hate her!" Allana shouted, a doctor passing by, peeked in the room. She shrugged, walking to room 124.

"Well, I'm tired," Alec lied, pushing the notebook under him. He gave a nervous smile, closing his eyes.

"ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzz," Alec faked, Gracie and Tyler got up.

"Sleep well, my dear," Gracie said walking out, Allana following. They walked to room 267.

"Hey Caylah, are you awake?" Tyler asked, sitting beside Caylah, she was awake, drawing a beautiful picture.

"That's beautiful, Cay," Gracie said, leaning over her. She gave a sweet smile, hugging Caylah.

"Thanks. Whatcha ya guys doin' here?" Caylah asked, drawing stripes on the drawing's shirt.

"Hmm? Did the killer take all your grammar away?" Gracie asked, resting her head in her hands.