15. Locked

*Y/N's POV"

I woke up and Alec wasn't next to me, but it was Jace. Have looks up from his phone and puts it in his pocket. I save at him and say "Hey, what are you doing here?" He looks at me confused. "Don't you know about the hearing?" He said in a matter-of-factly tone. I shook my head and he scoffed. I look at him then he says "They are trying Lydia for attempt of murder. Alec and Izzy are the ones that are going to testify today. I'm gonna watch after you while they are gone." He smirks. I shake my head and sit up. He helps or tries at least. I look over and there is a box that says "Y/N" on it. I point and ask him what it is. "It's from Izzy. Open it. I've been wanting to ever since she brought it in." Jace said excitingly. I ripped open the sparkly wrapping paper and unfolded the box. I looked in it and inside was books I've always wanted to read. They had a sticky note attached to one book. It read, "since you're gonna be stuck inside might as well get you put some how." I giggled and handed it to Jace to read. He smiled and I looked through the books. One was 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green. The second was 'The Hunger Games' by Susanne Collins and the last one is 'The Help'. I've always wanted to read these books but never had the chance. Izzy knows me very well.

Me and Jace were talking when Alec and Izzy walked in. I smile at Alec when he walks in and I feel a really good vibe from both of them. I guess things went well in court. "Is Lydia locked up?" I smiled. Izzy cheers and hugs me. "I take that as a yes. And Izzy please don't squeal in my ear." Jace says grumpyly. Izzy mumbles sorry. I tell Izzy thank you and that I loved them. Jace motions Izzy to leave Alec and I alone. I wave and then Alec sits down. "How long?" I said. "Life." He says smirking. "She's locked away for life." I said while smiling . Thank the Angels

( sorry for short chapter)