Chapter 1

Alone...

Separate. Apart. Isolated.

What did it mean to be alone?

Solitary. Only. Without help.

That's how she felt right now. She wandered down the winding gravel path, staggering with each careful step she took. She was hurt and she was... Alone. She did not know where she was but she couldn't stop. Not with THEM chasing her. Those fearful creatures who had hurt her. Vibrant blue blood was oozing out of the many cuts and stabs to her grey skin. Her hair that fell past her hips was once a shimmering and stark white was now dirtied and darkened. She stopped by a large tree to rest hoping that it would hide her frame. It was hard to blend in when all the humans were so tiny. She stood over them without even trying. She had found humans stopped growing at 5 or 6 feet which was so small compared to her 8 foot height and wide stature.

She inhaled deeply. She'd be alright. She'd be okay. She could do this. She was sure.

She tried to shrink into herself when she heard noise. She peeked out from behind the tree. Atleast those men were easy to distinguish, they all wore a matching uniform proudly adorned with the word R.U.P.T.U.R.E. She refused to be found. She refused to go back into that dark organisation where they cut and hurt her. Not when the sky was so blue and the sun was so warm. She had almost forgot her predicament as she admired the sky before she was bought back into reality, hearing heavy footsteps and voices.

She braced herself and took off. She was fast. She was strong. She would NOT be captured. Not again. She ran and weaved between the trees, feet soaring across the ground as her hair whipped around her. Faster. Faster. Faster. She made her way to a clearing away from the noise, away from the sound of danger. She ran so fast she almost fell when she came to a sudden halt. She blinked her bubblegum pink eyes in confusion at the sight in front of her. It was a human. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and he looked so young. This human couldn't be more then a freshly grown adult, maybe even younger. She scanned him for any signs of danger or R.U.P.T.U.R.E logo but honestly he looked just as confused as her.

She stumbled back in surprise as the young human suddenly lit up in excitement. He made some type of gasping noise and fumbled through his pockets. She raised her fist ready in case he drew a weapon but instead he pulled out a piece of paper unfolding it eagerly. He cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses.

"Hello unidentifed lifeform! I am Field Agent Alfred Redgrave of the organisation C.O.D.E.X!" His nervous voice cracked as he stood with tensed shoulders gripping his paper a little too hard.

"Do not be alarmed! I'm sure you are confused but C.O.D.E.X is here to help! Our organisation helps individuals such as yourself and-"

She stopped listening and took the time to analyse him. She wanted to giggle but held it in. He was so cute! Whatever he was doing he was doing his best. Suddenly she heard a bang from within the area she came from, she glided towards him, filling the gap between them and placing a gentle finger on his lips.

"You are good yes?"

He nodded hastily as he gazed up at her.
"Bad people are chasing me. Will you help me?" She asked in a soothing voice, trying to help calm the nerves she knew he was feeling. His eyes widened as he grinned, snatching up her large hand in his small gloved one and tugging her along.

"My plane is this way!"

A few feet away and with the click of a button she saw a small sized jet suddenly appear. They climbed in and he sat in the drivers seat strapping himself in, she imitated his movements with her own seatbelt and after some fumbling clicked it into place. They took off with ease and she finally allowed herself to breath calmly.

She was safe.

Looking at her new found companion she smiled at him before gazing out the window. She relaxed and felt her wounds start to slowly heal. She had almost fallen asleep when she was shocked out of her daze by the humans scream.

"Dude I can't believe this! It's my very first mission and I find an alien right off the bat!? Oh man do you have any idea how great this is for me?!"

"O-oh I do not." She let out an uneasy smile as she gave him her full attention.

"This means l really am as awesome as I thought I was! Maybe I'll even get a promotion?! It's all thanks to you! I could kiss you! Do you even know what that is? Oh hey you speak English so that's a start! What's your name?!" He seemed to speak a mile a minute. Apparently by following him she had done something good so for the moment she was happy with helping him.

"My name is..." She paused. Was it safe to give out her real name? She wasn't sure. She had been so trusting before and that didn't go as smoothly as she had liked. "You may call me Star."

"Star huh? That's a wild! You and me Star! We are gonna go places! Hehe! Just wait til I rub this in Derek's face back at base!" His grin and enthusiasm was contagious she couldn't help laughing along with him. She was excited for whatever he was excited for.

As they flew Alfred took on a semi serious tone and explained C.O.D.E.X to her. It stood for: Corporation Obtaining Details to Everything Xeno. It was an organisation that's only goal was to find knowledge. C.O.D.E.X was founded on the belief that knowledge was the greatest treasure of all and they were dedicated to obtaining every piece of information they could find. He told her how he was a rookie field agent. He just started but he had big dreams to rise along the ranks and be someone important some day. She decided she liked this human. She could trust him.

She watched in awe as the ground seemed to open up and their jet descended into the earth, the light above them disappeared as the roof closed back up. He hopped out of the jet and once again took her hand as they climbed out.

"Alfred."

"Yes?"

"My name is Solerah."

-----------60 Years Later------------

The years seemed to go by in a flash. Solerah was given shelter and had found a place in C.O.D.E.X. She was given a simple civilian name in case of emergencies to match her simple civilian appearance. In her human form she had short and choppy light brown hair and deep blue eyes. Her skin was olive and she stood at 5'4 and if she admitted to herself she liked the change, it was new and exciting and scary even. This weak form was so easy to hurt and bleed. She couldn't use any of her abilities in it either but she made due and took on the world with a smile.

She had ended up staying close to Alfred becoming a team and she stood by him as he became greater and greater and rose through the ranks of C.O.D.E.X eventually becoming Director of the entire facility. By default she had risen the ranks too being his most trusted agent. She had asked him several times if he wanted her to age with him, knowing if she so desired she could change her human appearance and allow it to age. Her species lived much longer then any human. Each time he turned her down and said how good it was to have her in her peak on the field. So she simply stopped asking and continued on her merry way always avoiding the odd looks of the people who didn't know of their history and wondered why an old man was so close to a young woman. They had become best friends over the years, they had become family. She felt it safe to say she could call her life on Earth happy, even with a nagging feeling that something was missing that she could never quite put her finger on.

Solerah walked through the halls of C.O.D.E.X greeting everyone she passed with a cheerful good morning. She eventually made her way into Alfred's office.

"Good morning Alfie~!" She sang out.

"Morning Star." Alfred smiled at her, looking up from his papers on his desk. He whipped a strand of his dulling blonde grey hair hair from his face. "There's a lot of work to do today." He announced taking off his glasses and cleaning them with his shirt. "I'm going into the field today and I need you to prep one of the labs. I'm hoping to bring a new scientist into our ranks."

"Yeah? Must be someone neat if you're going." Solerah blinked, curiosity taking over her. "What's his name?"

"Robert Bruce Banner."