Chapter 23

Trigger warning: ahhhh I don't know how to describe this? Open slightly graphic surgery? As always it'll be marking it between some ************ if you want to skip it and I'll describe what happened in minor detail

-------------------------

Bruce's fingers drummed violently against the car door. "Can't we get there any faster!?" He snapped at the man driving.

"This is as fast as we can go Doctor Banner calm down, we don't want any green mishaps."

"How can you expect me to be calm?!"

"I expect you doctor Banner, to keep a level head. I would of been fine doing this mission myself but I couldn't go against Director Redgrave's last order." Agent Red Wing's tone was clipped. He personally wasn't happy having to bring the volatile doctor with no field experience.

Bruce took a deep breath and tried to remain calm. He could feel the hulk stirring beneath his skin, just waiting for the chance to break loose and it was giving him a headache.

"So tell me about this mission then."

"Director Redgrave wrote down that he had an emergency plan in case Wild Star decided go after RUPTURE after his death. There is a substance, a type of metal similar to Vibranium and Adamantium. It's called Auroniam. Whatever the metal is, it came to earth with her. It seems RUPTURE has been recreating and experimenting with the substance."

Bruce thought back to her her telling him about her past, how she said the Skrull she was hunting had a weapon that could hurt her, how she said that RUPTURE had made tools to cut her.

"If you were not already aware Agent Wild Star was one forcibly under the control of RUPTURE. She was their best weapon for years. What would you do if your greatest weapon fell into the hands of your enemy and you couldn't get it back?" Agent Red Wing explained as he drove off road, the truck was bumping violently but Bruce couldn't care less.

"Destroy it..."

"Exactly. Sources say they've invented some kind of bullet made of concentrated auroniam. She can't even take it when it touches her skin, I can only imagine what it would do inside of her system."

Agent Red Wing parked the truck outside a small old shack hidden among the trees. Bruce quickly followed him inside and he blinked in surprise as he saw a small jet. Normally he wouldn't step one foot in such a confined and dangerous vehicle but the only thing on his mind was getting Solerah back. Bruce clenched his fist, feeling his nails bite into his skin.

I'm coming Sol, hold on.

--------------------

"Can't you just track the jet she took when she left?" Bruce asked, his mind was racing for ways he could locate her.

"She didn't take a jet."

"Then how are you so sure she's ahead of us? What if we passed her and she's fine?!"

Agent Red Wing sighed in frustration. He hated dealing with people sometimes.

"You know she's an alien right?" His tone was very sardonic.

"Yes."

"Read her file then. She is quite capable at crossing long distances without issue."

He reached for his tablet and one handedly typed into the device before handing it to Bruce. He frowned but took it, hoping that reading would pass the time quicker.

----------------

Bruce jolted when he heard an explosion, he looked at the window seeing it came from a large facility. They landed and Bruce saw smoke and fire coming from the partially collapsed building. He leapt from the jet, falling to his knees when he landed but quickly stood and ran inside the building. If she was in there he was going to find her.