Chapter 27

I leave you with a teeny tiny chapter of fluff!!! Enjoy!!!

-------------------------

"Say it again."

"Mrs Banner."

"Again."

"Mrs Banner."

"Okay but say it one more time."

"Mrs Banner."

"Hehehe again!"

"Will you ever get tired of hearing that?" Bruce asked as he quirked his brow, staring at Solerah with a grin.

"I don't knooooow~" Solerah sang. "Will you ever get tired of saying that?" She grinned slyly at him.

"Never."

"So say it again!"

"Mrs Banner." Bruce leaned over in his seat on the train and kissed her cheek. Solerah preened under his attention.

"So how long til we arrive?" Solerah asked as she looked out the window, seeing the world outside shift and go by.

"About 8 hours now."

"And why do we have to travel so far again?" She fidgeted, she didn't like the idea of sitting in a small compartment for so long.

"Because I used my real name to sign our marriage certificate and l have no doubts General Ross will find out."

Solerah frowned as Bruce had pulled a book from his bag.

She stayed quiet for awhile, gazing out the window as Bruce silently read.

"Do you think Alfie would be mad at me...?"

Bruce looked up from his book and saw Solerah's forlorn face. "Mad about what?"

"That I changed my name."

"Of course he wouldn't be mad at you Sol."

"I miss him Bruce..."

Bruce heard the sharp shutter in her voice and knew tears wouldn't be far behind.

"It's healthy to grieve."

"Well it hurts."

Bruce took her hand, rubbing the top of it with his thumb. "I'm here for you Sol. Take as long as you need to be upset. I'll be the strong one for you." Bruce hoped the tiny hint of nervousness didn't come through his voice. He still didn't exactly know how to handle something like this so he just said what he hoped she'd want to hear and try to do what he promised.

"Will you read to me?" She learned her head against his shoulder.

"It's one of my science books Sol, you don't like them."

"But I like hearing your voice BB." She blinked up at him and Bruce knew he'd never be able to refuse those doe like eyes so he opened his book again and started reading out loud. Solerah closed her eyes and let herself become surrounded by the gentle tones of his voice, eventually drifting off to sleep.

---------------------------------

"Uh oh looks like we can't be on this train BB." Solerah said, reading through the ticket phamflet as Bruce looked up confused.

"Why?"

"Says here we can't take any radioactive material on board." She laughed, grinning at her own joke. Bruce's eyebrows slowly raised as his  face deadpanned.

"No? Not funny? Okay wait I've got another one! Are you..." she paused as she quickly scanned the paper. "An infectious substance cause you've infected my heart." She made little finger guns and pretended to fire them.

"I'm going to the food cart." He started to get up, picking his shoulder bag up. "Ohhh come on that one was good! Hooooow aboooout.... Oh! Are you a flammable liquid because babe you're hot!" She reached for him as he walked away. "I'll be back soon."

"You're not fun!" She pouted as she sat back up and looked out the window, head pressed against the glass. Bruce returned around 5 minutes later holding a tea and a muffin. He shuffled his bag around the lower compartment as he moved to sit down and held the muffin in her line of vision, waving it slightly to entice her to take it. "This trip still has 4 more hours BB! I'm bored." She huffed out an over dramatic sigh as she nibbled on the muffin.

A moment of silence passed before Bruce spoke up. "Are you our boarding ticket because I need to make sure you're with me at all times?" She perked up and turned her head to see Bruce reading the do's and don't's list that she was reading earlier. "That was bad wasn't it? You took all the good ones." She let out a burst of giggles as she moved away from the window in favour of leaning against him. "Oh here's one. Are you oxidising materials? Because you've caused me to undergo a chemical reaction and lit a fire in my heart?" He said with the slightest hint of a grin. Sure that was only barely even a stretch of how oxidising materials worked but he reached his goal in making her smile. She craned her head to kiss his jaw. "I love you Bruce."