Chapter 13

Alright guys trigger warning! There's going to be a description of semi graphic gore/body horror. I'll mark it with ********* so you'll know where to skip and where to continue reading if it's something you'll think will affect you and I'll just explain a small note of what happened. Thank you!

------------------

There was a period of adjustment as they got use to their new status as a couple. While they more or less stayed the same, the air around them was slightly different. Every now and then they'd exchange a shy smile, like teenagers in disbelief that they were dating. Solerah became more affectionate while still maintaining a respect of Bruce's aversion to intimacy and Bruce became more relaxed to her presence. He didn't feel the pressure of having to impress her or wondering what she was thinking anymore.

Bruce had actually surprised Solerah when he ended up taking a lot more extra time off working to just be with her. Instead of spending every moment together in the lab as they usually did they started to venture else where. They now spent most nights, discovering the finer points about eachother.

Upon Solerah's request they were playing 20 questions. She said that it was the funnest way to get to know all the little things about a person. So here they were laying head to head and gazing at the stars in the skydeck asking each other silly questions.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Purple."

"Really?!"

"What did you think it was green?" Bruce smiled and quirked a brow.

"N-noooooo." She shuffled slightly, her voice drawled out.

"Is yours red?"

"How did you know?!"

You always wear bright red shoes."

"Ooooh." Solerah lifted up her feet, swinging them back and fourth in the air, giggling. "Yeah I guess I do. Okay your turn!"

"Do you have any siblings?"

"I have an older brother!" She said excitedly before frowning slightly. "I really do miss him..." She shook her head to rid herself of any sadness.

"Do you?"

"I don't but I have a cousin that's practically my sister."

"Aww that's nice... OH OH OH WAIT I'VE GOT ONE!!!!!" She stomped her feet excitedly.

"Okay okay what is it?"

"What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?"

"I asked you out didn't l?" Bruce had a sly smirk on his face as Solerah scoffed.

"We can't have the same answer!" She threw back at him as she reached sideways and patted his face. Bruce grabbed her hand and kissed it before intertwining their fingers and resting their connected hands back on the ground beside them.

"Well I wasn't exactly popular in high school."

"What?? Noooo, I can't believe that!"

"I know hard to imagine right? Anyway l was bullied a lot and it got to a point where l ended up building a homemade bomb."

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, it was a dud luckily, I don't even really remember doing it, just the consequences. That's how the military found me anyway. They paid for my college education on the condition I'd work for them."

As Bruce spoke he squeezed Solerah's hand lightly and she gave a reassuring squeeze back. "Well Banner that is pretty dumb!" She chirped up, trying to cheer him up with a showing she had an air of aloofness about it.