Chapter 30

Mini chapter because I still have bad writers block but I also still want to try to get something out

—————

"I hope this'll be okay Doc." Rick said as he gave a pillow and blanket to Bruce after directing them to the couch. "You did show up on short notice." He grinned.

"It's great, thanks." Bruce nodded as he sat down and began taking his shoes off. "This is so exciting." Solerah whisper shouted. "I cannot wait to get to know you properly!" She almost squealed but was quickly shushed. Rick had said his wife Marlo was sleeping and it was their funeral if they woke her up.

"You're excited? I can't wait to properly meet the girl Bruce got hitched too." Rick smiled and Solerah couldn't help but notice how charismatic his smile was. She liked this Rick. She wiggled out of her shoes, almost tripping when she was toeing at her foot.

Rick made his way to the door and held his fingers over the light switch. "Goodnight." He flicked it off after seeing both Bruce and Solerah comfortably settled on the couch. "Goodnight." It was a tight fit but Solerah solved that problem by just laying on Bruce and he was more then okay with that. Her weight on him was a comfort to him anyway. He vaguely remembered reading in one of his books that having weight on you during sleep helps calm anxiety and judging from how good he felt it seemed to be effective.

It took Bruce awhile to get use to sleeping with a bedmate, especially because Solerah was a very active sleeper. Always moving, shifting and she even talked in her sleep sometimes. Bruce found she'd stop if he held onto her though. Solerah also had to get use to not stealing the blankets and cocooning herself into them like she use to do.

———-

Bruce slowly roused awake the next morning, he felt a slight panic run through him when he couldn't see Solerah but then remembered where he was and heard the chime of her laughter from another room. He stood and held his back crack as he stretched before walking towards the sound of voices and into the kitchen.

"Good morning beautiful~" Solerah sung, face lighting up when she saw him.

Bruce looked around, eyes landing on a clock and frowned when he read 11:43am. He had slept in so late...

"Don't worry yourself BB. You needed a proper rest." She chided, knowing what he was thinking from his displeased expression.

Bruce decided not to argue and moved to sit down, mumbling a good morning as he kissed Solerah's temple. He nodded at Rick who was standing in front of the stove, cooking.

"Rick and I have been getting acquainted! I like him very much!" Solerah grinned excitedly as Rick began stacking pancakes on the table. "He likes music too!"

Bruce nodded as Rick and Solerah spoke about what they had in common and how quickly they seemed to have clicked and smiled internally. He wondered if only for this brief moment, was this what it was like to have a normal life. His wife meeting his best friend and getting along. Talking about normal things and no cares of running or government. Bruce savoured this one moment, allowing himself to commit it to memory and simply enjoy being in the moment.