Chapter 10

Ohhhhhh my gosh I struggled SO much on this chapter I just wanted them to have the PERFECT date and nothing I wrote seemed good enough and Bruce deserves the best and he's stuck with my writing! XD In the end I just went 'screw it' and threw in some good old angst I hope y'all enjoy ^^'

--------------------------------------------

The next morning Bruce stood dumbfounded as he stared at Solerah. She had plaited one side of her inverted bob cut and tucked the other side behind her ear but what really drew his attention was her choice in attire. She was wearing a flowing pastel rainbow ombre dress. The light pinks, blues, yellows and greens all splattered and meshed together. It was nothing like the short tight black cocktail dress she wore and as much as Bruce knew he would never be able to get that image out of his brain he decidedly liked this dress better. It was just... So her. There wasn't any other way to describe it. It was bright and beautiful and a little bit over the top for his taste just like she was.

"You look...."

Stunning, beautiful, perfect, I think I love you...

"... Nice."

"Really?" She looked down at herself and spun around, causing the shimmery opaque dress to flutter. "Thanks!" She smiled at him, she wanted to look nice since it's not often she got to go out into the city just to have fun that and she may or may not have wanted to look a little extra nice to impress him. She looked at Bruce's clothing, a sleek dark button up tucked into black slacks secured with a belt as she tilted her head to the left and gave him a lopsided grin. "Well you look pretty snazzy yourself!" More then just snazzy, goodness gracious you clean up nice! She hoped her staring wasn't too obvious.

Bruce turned his head and forced a cough so he could bring his hand to his face to hide his blush. He's not about to admit he tried to coordinate his clothing just a little more, okay maybe a lot more then usual or the fact that he shaved and tried to fix his hair for this, this definitely not date, this casual outing between two friends, this activity he was doing with another person as apposed to individually.

"Thanks."

"Let's go!" She giggled excitedly and took his arm, dragging him towards the elevator to reach above ground. He felt the cool touch of the bangles she wore against his skin and that grounded him just a little. She bounced on her heels in the elevator, humming as she watched the digital display of the floors going up.

"Sooooo my sunshine, any ideas for what we should do today?!"

Bruce pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and started reading off it, before Solerah quickly interrupted him, peering at the creased paper. "Wait hold on! You wrote a list for this?"

"Uh-yes?" Bruce held the paper in his grip a little bit tighter, scanning over her face for any negative response. He kicked himself internally. He knew it was a stupid idea to write an itinerary the night before! But he couldn't seem to calm his frayed nerves any other way. Solerah only grinned wider and Bruce was starting to worry her cheeks would split at the rate her smile was going.

"That's pretty neat!"

"... It is?"

"Yeah! I never plan anything like that! It's nice to have a little organisation once in a while! My plan was to just walk around until something interesting happened." The way she smiled at him made Bruce feel more relaxed. Last night he had wracked his brain for ideas and researched everything they could of done.

"There's a museum in the city."

Bruce stopped going to museums a long time ago, afraid he would break all the priceless treasures. But if he had to go somewhere that felt like the safest bet. It could be a good test to see how controlled he was now too.