Chapter 3

Alright whoo! Third chapter up! I'm so nervous and excited about this! I've been working on this idea for a few months now and I'd really appreciate a review if you could and tell me how I'm doing and if you like it! Thanks and enjoy!
--------------------------

Bruce watched over the security footage. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Who was this girl? How could she calm the other guy enough to coax him to transform back. Why wasn't she afraid...? What... Was she? He rewound the video and watched her transformation closely, pausing it when it was complete. He eyed her, as if staring at the picture harder would give him the answers he wanted.

He rewound the tape and watched the scene play out again. It didn't matter anyway. He'd probably never see her again. Everything she said then was probably out of fear or her own protection. That was what Bruce TRIED to convince himself to think despite the sincerity in her eyes and voice. Yeah. It didn't matter. She was gone now.

He shook out of his thoughts when he heard a rapid knock on his door. He turned away from his monitor and stared at the door. No one ever bothered him. It was part of what he liked about C.O.D.E.X. The door opened without his verbal consent for the person to enter and his eyes widened when he saw the girl from before poke her head and arm through the half opened door.

"Heeeeeey, Bruce Banner right?" She smiled at him as she entered the lab seeing it was him. She looked around at the lab with interest as he stared at her. He quickly scrambled to click out of the security footage when she approached him. "Hey there." She said with such ease that Bruce was at a loss for words as she pulled up a chair and sat in front of him. She watched him and raised her eyebrows at him and grinned. "Uhhhh, hi." Bruce spoke with a timid voice, his eyes quickly glanced at her outfit. Thankfully she was very covered. Wearing a red cotton turtle neck and black harem pants.

"How are you feeling today friendo?"

That's what she wanted? To ask how he was? This wasn't sitting right with him. He didn't even know this girl! He snapped out of his thoughts at her waving her hand in his face. "And here I thought I was spacey." Solerah continued with a grin, his silence not bothering her. Bruce swallowed the lump forming in his throat and blinked nervously. "I'm fine. Why are you here?" He stammered a little on the why and he tried to make himself look busy by shuffling the papers on his desk, hoping that would get her to leave.

"Well that's good! I just wanted to check up on you after that whoooole you know..." She flexed her arms and made a weak growling noise. Bruce's eyebrows shot up in confusion, he couldn't work out what her angle was. "Well I appreciate your concern. I've been given this new lab and l have a lot of work to do so..." He awkwardly motioned to the door with his hand, hoping she would this time get the hint to leave without seeming too rude.

"What kinda work?" She swung her legs against the chair as if she didn't have a care in the world and Bruce frowned at that. "I have a lot to redo after what happened yesterday."

"Ooooh yeah that makes sense! You know you seem to have some anger issues."

"No, really?"

"Hehe your funny I like that."

Bruce didn't like her casual behaviour, he kept his guard up as he tried to analyse her and what she might be hiding. She was just smiling like it was nothing. He didn't like this..

"So what are you? A mutant, an accident? A test tube experiment?" Bruce winced internally, he didn't mean for that to come out so rude but his social skills were rusty at best.

Solerah let out a cackle of a laugh and startled him slightly at the sudden noise. "No silly! I'm an alien! I mean you're an alien to me honestly."

"An alien?" Right, of course. She was an alien. Bruce almost kicked himself for not suggesting it. Of course she's an alien, why would Bruce ever expect to have a little bit of normalcy in his life. Still the concept of an actual alien was almost too unbelievable, then again he did turn into an enormous green rage monster so who was he to judge.

"Yep! I'm from Nivael."

"Right... So why are you on Earth then?"

"Heeee. Funny story! I got stuck here but I mean it's a really nice planet! So I guess I stayed. I haven't really tried to leave."

Bruce was torn. He did want her to leave him be but on the other hand the fact that he was sitting with a completely foreign species fascinated him. He was almost hit with a child like wonder at the thought of aliens existing.

"I guess it's not the strangest thing I've seen."

"Oh there are even stranger things than me here! Earth has all kinds of neat stuff! Especially the food! Have you tried the cakes in the foodcourt?"

"I, uh, no I haven't."

"Oh! I'll go get you one! It's lunch time anyway!" She stood after glancing at the clock.

"No, I-"

"Trust me you'll love it!" She grinned brightly and ran out of the room excited at the prospect of food.

Bruce sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he didn't want to deal with anyone but his stomach reminded him with a pang of hunger that he hadn't eaten much today. He guessed he'd just have lunch today with her and hopefully that would be the end of any more unneeded social interaction. At the very least he could talk about her heritage or more information about C.O.D.E.X.