Chapter 15

Awww yeah I'm finally starting to set out some major plot lines! Betty won't really be returning to the series after she leaves buuuut Samuel Sterns will~ *mysterious music*

-------------------

Solerah pulled down her pencil skirt awkwardly, she pulled at and shifted her black sheer stockings as she quickly made her way to Alfred's office. She was wearing a white short sleeved button up with a grey vest over it and a black cross over tie. It was her 'professional' outfit. Technically worn for when she was doing more PA things for Alfred, the only hint of colour on her were the bright red buckle shoes she had on. She wouldn't of felt right if she didn't have SOME splash of colour on her.

It was time to be professional. Serious Star back in action! She grinned pumping herself up mentally. It always took her a lot of effort to maintain a professional air and not embarrass Alfred. She had to tone down the tone and volume in her voice, act less childish, just in general be more... Well serious! But she could do it! It was fun, almost like a game.

She saw a woman sitting nervously, her posture was unsure and she was clutching a folder for dear life. Solerah put on her best smile as she approached her. She ushered away the two armed agents at the woman's side. This was where she shined as Alfred said. She was the "people person" of the company.

"Hi~!" She chirped as she raised her hand, causing the woman to look up, clutching the folder tighter. "I'm Star! It's lovely to meet you."

She took her hand and held it out stretched for the woman to take it.

"I'm Doctor Betty Ross." She said smiling as she stood to shake Solerah's hand.

Ooooh pretty name! Why does it sound familiar?

She searched the resources of her mind as she made small talk with Betty, waiting for Alfred to arrive.

"Don't be nervous." Solerah said softly. "If you're intentions are what you said everything will be fine. I'll protect you, I promise."

Betty returned her smile and nodded, thanking her as Alfred approached them and introduced himself, leading her into his office.

Solerah pulled up a chair next to Betty as Alfred began typing on his laptop.

"So Doctor Ross. What information do you have?" He asked as he looked at her, eyes sweeping to the folder in her hand as she delicately placed it on the desk and slid it towards him.

"I recently learned Samuel Sterns has escaped the confines of prison. My father thinks that he'll be able to protect these files with the military's current security. I... Don't... This is highly sensitive information that I believe Sterns is after."

"You stole these?" Alfred raised his brow as he took the folder, opening it up and scanning through it.

Betty was silent for a moment as Alfred stared at her, checking her eyes and body language for honesty. "I would rather them be somewhere safe where I know they won't be used." She said returning his gaze with a firm look of her own.

Alfred nodded at her. "Alright. I suggest you stay here for a few days. It'll be safe here and we can set up your alibi so your father doesn't suspect you had anything to do with the missing files. When it's done I'll have some agents escort you back to your home."

Betty nodded, her facial expressions were tight. Solerah knitted her eyebrows together, frowning before she quickly peeked up.

"How about something to eat? You must be hungry!"

Betty looked at Solerah and smiled, she could tell that Solerah was trying to cheer her up. "That would be nice."

"Alright then Star, you can take her to a guest room then afterwards." She nodded and waved Alfred off, placing her hands on Betty's shoulders and pushing her out gently. She was eager to leave behind all the serious business.